Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have clunk coming from under passenger area that I can both here and feel when hitting a bump on highway or even a rough spot in a parking lot.
Put 2 new tires on 1800 miles back, pulled drive shaft and inspected and greased.
found a lower saddle bag frame bolt loose on left side and thought I had the culprit found and fixed. But still there.
Bike has 49000 miles, I have put 11000 on it myself in the past year and have had all can tollerate of this and the wifess complaing.
I have tried adjusting air pressure, makes no diffrence.
Clunking is same with/without trailer attached.
Any ideas? Thanks,Brian

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

what mileage you got on the bike? it could be the shocks are worn out or something in the trailing arm bearings?
Another thing is to check the rear caliper. if it is worn it can cause some add sounds as well.

Another thing, check your cneter stand and the plastic bumper is still in place on the exhaust. That may have left the bike and causing your clunk..

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Bike has 49000 miles. I have put 11000 on in last year. This clunck has been present since I started riding it. Center stand bumpers are in place. Brake caliper is good condition, I had it off 10 days ago. I had the drive shaft out and serviced when I replaced the tire.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Sometimes the connector covers for the 3-large rear "main" connectors can move beneath the seat and kinda "feel" awful over small bumps (easy check is to pull the seat and stuff a shop-cloth round each of em and retest...)

Also, the framework supporting the trunk can crack (as helpped along by a squirmy passenger and/or arm-rests) and this can clunk pasing small imperfections -- also, the air-pump bracket can crack leaving it kinda un-suported for rapid trasitions like a quick bump.

If you're "to that point" where something must be done, I'd recommend pulling the saddle bags so you can touch the supporting frame structures to be certain all is secure

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Ditto satan ., sounds like its time to pull the bags and trunk and do an inspection to find the culprit.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Had saddle bags and and their frame off 10 days ago. Found lower bolt on left side loose and thought I had solved the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.