Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unable to recieve thru my head set from my CB but transmit ok. I recieve from the radio with no problems. Both CB and RADIO are recieved thru the cowling speakers. There must be a common connection from the CB and the RADIO to my headset but have been unable to locate it. Any ideas?:confused:

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I was going to ask the same question as Ben, if you push the squelch button it should toggle your audio from speakers to headset.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
If you just turn the radio off and leave the intercom on then the CB sound comes through the headsets also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the ideas but with all you've suggested (repeated just in case) the CB just doesn't come into my headset.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
This may be a loose connector at the radio and/or the CB... The CB drives 2- different outputs (one for headphones and the other for the speakers) and, if I remember correctly there is also a 3rd wire involved from the CB that controls some radio switching to set the output to what you have selected on the CB...

The AM/FM/Cassette connector is VERY easy to bump or contaminate, and I would check that first (unless you've recently worked under the left fairing pocket or in the left inner fairing area). With the AM/FM/Cassette installed in the bike, the CB connector istoward the front of the bike, lower right side (kinda the "middle-sized" connector of the 3 rectangular connectors onthe back of the radio).

If you pull the fork tunnel covers (like you're gonna check coolant) and the surround plate around the ignition key - you should be able to see the orward edge of the radio with all of these connector covered by a rubber boot (you hope). You may wanna try to press on that boot and wiggle the harness a bit to see if you have some success with getting CB outta your headphones. Removing the top console will get you a WHOLE LOT better access to these connections so that you can confirm tha the CB connector, and it's pins and wiring are undamaged at the back of the radio.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
If I'm reading this all correctly:
  1. CB TX is non having issues in any mode
  2. CB works fine (RX) when the CB is set to drive the bike's speakers
  3. CB RX audio will not play through the helmet's headset when selected
  4. Bike's speakers don't play the CB RX audio when the helmet headsetis selected
I would suspect that the lower-level output line from the CB is not doing it's work (fault at the CB or at the radio/CB harness)

The switiching wire (menioned as the 3rd wire involved) is doing it's bit if the bikes speakers go off when you've seleced the head set and ON when you've got the speakers selected --

The Higher level speaker audio from the CB is doing its bit as you're hearing it with the speakers selected --

Going back to the "suspect" wire, this should be in the bottom row of the CB connector at the back of the AM/FM/Cassette. That "middle sized" rectangular connector should have only 3 wires in the bottom row, and the wire farthest to the right of the bike in that bottom row should be the audio line for the headset (CB Headset output to the radio's headset/intercom amp). Oddly enough, that wire is prolly the most tightly bent wire out of all the AM/FM/Cassette's wiring harness connectors (bike's rightside bottom). Given all this, I'd suspect an unseated plug or wire failure in the harness -- looking at my bike this appears to be a white wire with black stripe (you'll find the same color at the CB end)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CB

Thank you again. I'll give it a go as soon as I 1. Go to the Dr. today for a pre-:wtf:colon exam 2. Put those **** beads in the tires of two bikes 3.Get my wifes Harley cleaned up for her Motor Maids ride tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.