Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Toolcraft4100
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had fitment issues with my '91 A that I have never yet been able to resolve. The whole front end is a little sloppy plastic-wise and I'm sure the bike has been wrecked and put back together, but I have a gap between the dashboard and the ignition switch cover that I cannot close.
I read on this forum that the cowl stays are easily bent if the bike has a front end collision of any magnitude and so I am planning to replace the cowl stay on my bike this winter, assuming and hoping that enables me to solve my fitment issue. I have had the fairing off and apart on this bike so I know what I'm getting into. I know I need a '91 cowl stay and there is no way to tell if mine is really damaged without comparing it to an undamaged one. $90.00 is a lot to pay for something that you don't need, but if I buy a used one I cannot be certain that it is undamaged.
I am looking for some words of wisdom on this dilemma. I would also trust anyone on this forum who has a used cowl stay for sale for a '91 that they are certain is undamaged.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I know my cowl stay is damaged; one of the "tabs" on the front loop that the fairing attaches to is missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.