Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Apparently I have a one year run radio. It is made by Kenwood, it has a amp under the panel where a cassette would go. Its amp says 20 watts x2, no extra outs for rear speakers. Is there anyway to move over to like a 92 up where you can get the cassette/cb/intercom etc.? This one is onlyAM/FM. Just looking for options. I have an FM modulator, thinking of using it for my ipod and calling it good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You could probably get the parts you need to convert to the Honda OEM radio with cassette player but it's a major job to install one. There are quite a few parts inside the fairing besides the major chunk that mounts under the handlebar bridge. It might be easier to find a way to add an audio socket to plug your Mp3 player directly into the system..

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Join the club w/ the odd ball radio. I too have the 91I. I added a satellite radio that plays through the radio. I know that for $100 you can send it to Colorado and have a jack to allow an MP3 or Ipod to it.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

i put a 10 cd player in-line and that just plugs into the antenna line....100 buk jobbie works good....i pod might need a converter then go into the ant line??

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

Yeah I have that radio myself. I also have a CD changer wired through the antenna jack. Eventually I'll go to an Ipod adapter.

Those big Honda Scooters from the same era (Helix?) used the same radio.

If you ever have no power to the radio there is a fuse near that amp you showed. It took me a long time to find that fuse.:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yeah,

The previous owner told me about that. He had already gone through the search and destroy mission to find that fuse. I have an FM modulator that goes in the antenna lead (hardwired and interupts the incoming FM stations when used) I guess I will just go that way.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

Anyone add rear speakers to the 1991 interstate? My Kenwood power booster is sitting on my bench right now. Looks exactly like the photo above. Should I splice in and add two rear speakers? What is that other smaller box next to the Kenwwod in that photo (same as mine)?

OK, I just found this link: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=55947&forum_id=1&highlight=kenwood

Lots of good ideas, but does not sound like anyone has found a easy solution.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Some like the rear speakers but I never use mine. The front speakers work well, the rear ones don't seem to add much if anything especially at highway speed.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I think my solution is going to be either a 4 channel EQ with a fader, or wire a two channel amp to the front two speakers, via speaker level inputs and re-run the stock front speakers to the newly installed rear speakers. My only reason is so maybe my wife can hear the iPod we are getting ready to do too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.