Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good windshield for the bike? I would like something that I could see over it without having to cut it off.

Ted

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
IF,
you would like to be able to change the position and Tilt of the windscreen, take a look at Madstad.

I have one and dearly love it.... push down low and see over it and get wind in my face.

Pull it up and look through it and get eye protection from rain, dirt, debris, bugs.

Put it just below eyeline tilted forward just a tad, and you can see over it, and the bugs go over your head.

No gl1500 Madstad is ever "in stock" they are assembled to your specs when you order, as the options are just too wide for any vendor to do that.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks and they are very proud of it by the price. Does it interfere with your view at all as far as the front wheel?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
That looks and they are very proud of it by the price. Does it interfere with your view at all as far as the front wheel?
I never look at the front wheel, my eyes are down the road at least a 1/4 mile....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
now that I have been rehabbed by some A/C inside the house, nearly every "recommendation" that I can recall suggests being able to see the pavement at 50 feet in front of you, not the front wheel.

I don't recall being able to see the front wheel of any bike I have owned, except for my Enduros back in the early '70s when I stripped every thing off so I could play in the sand dunes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts