Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've read that Honda never had a GL1500 with fuel injected. Well this 1992 model is ! I need advice, are there any problems with this model

·
Administrator
57,977 Posts
there have been only 1 or 2 special modified Fuel Injection, or EFI modified, gl1500s to my memory.
we have a thread on one of the builds.
it is possible that the bike you are looking at is from that thread,
I will try to find a link to that thread, so you can make comparisons with what you are looking at.

found it:

·
1,616 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum oldbirdman
The 1200 GW from 85 and 86 were fuel injected and the 1800 GW from 00 and on is fuel injected .
None of the 1500 GW came from Honda with fuel injection ( it came with two carburators ) and if you found one with fuel injection it is "home made" , and i would stay far away from it !
It is possible that your seller dont know what he is selling ?
Any pictures of the bike ?
BTW , all GW , produced for the USA market (unfortunality not the ones produced for other markets) has an label on the steering neck telling the production year .

·
Administrator
57,977 Posts
damn,
another terrific thread, ruined by PhotoBucket now charging for the privilege of viewing their images.

all of his work is now gone, that was from 2011...

I have sent Outlaw a PM, hopefully his profile is setup to alert him with an email that he has a PM waiting for him.... if he answers, and still has the pictures, I will insert them into the thread.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
SMEDEN(=the blacksmith) You are only partly right. Not ALL 85 & 86 Gold Wings were fuel injected, only the SE & SEI models. And the first year for the 1800 wing is 2001 not 2000.
As for the seller just mis informing on their post it highly possible. Some just buy a vehicle to flip and have no idea of the details. A dealer here in town listed a 99SE and said it had a cable operated clutch. And this was a dealer. I have seen posts that will list a bike and have the wrong year listed, One had a picture of an 84 1200 and listed it as a 94 1500. Just be careful/.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I've read that Honda never had a GL1500 with fuel injected. Well this 1992 model is ! I need advice, are there any problems with this model

can you list the link to the ad for the bike?

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
I'm looking at buying a 1992 Fuel injected Goldwing. Any advice please ?
1992 GL1500?

No pics?

Advice?

If it's OEM, it has two carbs.

If it's fuel iinjected, it ain't OEM by a long shot … & I'd run … not walk ... away. ;)

1985 GL1200 Ltd s are fuel injected either 49 state or Ca. models
1986 GL1200 SEi s are fuel injected either 49 state or Ca. models
2001 and newer GL1800s are fuel injected
All other Gold Wings are carbureted.
If it has been owner modified to fuel injection ... I'd run … not walk ... away. ;)

·
Administrator
57,977 Posts
he has the same exact post up on *.docs and we have all told him the same,
he has not replied to either forum since his original post.

he is from AU, so his time zone is 180* out of phase with us in the USA

·
Registered
450 Posts
My guess is that the ad is flat wrong. You see tons of ads where the person knows nothing about the bike, see's GoldWing on it, then does a cut and paste form some web search.
The bike in this ad is probably made by Honda between 1975 and 2019. But even that is a guess!

·
Registered
381 Posts
he has the same exact post up on *.docs and we have all told him the same,
he has not replied to either forum since his original post.

he is from AU, so his time zone is 180* out of phase with us in the USA

He responded to the post on the other site. He said he was going to pass on the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts