Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello to all - I am new to this forum so please bare with me on this. I am in need os some tech. help in routing the foot heater cable into the fairing. When I bought the trike ( yes it has a champion kit on it ) - the only parts of the cable's that were left were the nob and the "L" that go into the front cover's, so I am at a loss as to the proper routing of this cable. Sorry I didn't tell the year it's a 1992 gl1500SE.

thanks to all , and happy holidays!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

rmet wrote:
...I am in need os some tech. help in routing the foot heater cable into the fairing. ...the only parts of the cable's that were left were the nob and the "L" that go into the front cover's, so I am at a loss as to the proper routing of this cable...
> The Knob, that operates the heater vent, is operated by a Y-cable (Item#1 shown)... sounds like you're missing that.

Cable, 18337-MZ3-770 (replaces 18337-MT8-770)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi Alex - Thanks for the quick response - I think I miss-stated my question for the foot heater cable. I have the complete assembly, it's just the proper routing that I am having trouble with. If you or anyone else has a drawing , pictures, sketch or whatever I sure could use it now as the rest of my parts just came in and I am reved up to get this back together.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
imported post

In Florida you should not need foot warmers :)

If you live in warm climate like me never used them (mine the PO cut cable) so just glued shut the vents.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

All I can tell you is the lower part, the "Y" where all 3 cables join, is visible just above the timing belt covers. That may help you with the routing.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

The cable comes down through the right side of the fairing and behind the radiator grille. It branches above the timing belt covers and runs down to each vent.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
imported post

these three photos should give you a good guide! i tried lubing them after the right one seized on me. never got the right own back to normal

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Great pics - yep I just got done re-routing everything on the 1992 trike - found out a few things. Once you get the cable routed up to the control drum you will want to run the intermetiate adjusters in all the way , then hook up the "L,s" to the lower ezhaust pans - make sure you run the nut all the way up till it stops. This way your drum can go to the closed detent - then hand adjust the intermetiate adjusters till the doors are closed. Now you can have the fun of putting everything back together again.

Thanks for all the helpand the great pics.

Roy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.