Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 GL1500 that I recently purchased . It had been sitting for about 3 years. I had to clean the tank out and replace the fuel pump and now it runs . Well kinda , as it is running on 3 cylinders ! I can start it and it runs rough , and I can pull the RIGHT side plug wires off ( ALL 3 ) and it makes NO difference . If I pull any of the LEFT ones , you can tell it makes a difference in rpms and it cuts out . I have checked and I AM getting fire and spark to the plugs . I have ran a fuel tank of gasoline WITH SEAFOAM in it ( double strength ) , new filters, new fuel pump , cleaned the tank THOUROUGHLY . Ran Berryman's B-12 thru it and seafoam spray also . I still can't seem to get it to clear up . Any ideas ??????? The bike only has 75,000 miles and is a very nice bike . I am looking forward to bring ing it BACK TO LIFE ! Any suggestions ??? Thanks alot Guys ! Just - A Breadman !

·
Administrator
27,929 Posts
If the carb is plugged up, either the needle valve stuck shut or the jets clogged so fuel can't get into them no amount of fuel system cleaner is going to help. Dis assembly is the only option.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys , thanks alot for your quick repsonse and ideas . Do I just need to pull and clean or do I need to rebouild and kit them while there ? How difficult of a job is this ? I am very mechanical minded , but have never done this before . How long will this take ? Thanks , Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.