Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,135 Posts
imported post

The Ring of Fire is an after market addon, would depend on how the PO, or his mechanic decided to run the wiring, and where they wanted to fuse it.

Hopefully, off the main fuse box. I suspect though, you will be doing some wire tracing.

If you had a tester called a "Fox and Hound", it would be a very simple thing to do. The Hound puts a tone signal on the wire you want to follow. The "Fox" sniffs for that tone signal and traces it right to the exact wire you want.

Too expensive for just a once in a while item for a m/c owner though. Nice to have though, used them for years in my business of chasing telephone wiring through closets in big office buildings.

But, if you do it more than once or twice, it might not be too expensive at all. Less than a hundred bucks.

Fox and Hound, Wire Tracer. A great helper ...

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Hey John, that is pretty darn clever. I get the extra bucks I'm going to get me one of them.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

If they are on a seperate switch then more than likely there is an inline fuse somewhere between the ring and the switch , But if they came on with your lights then I would think they were wired direct and use the fuse of the lights ,they could well be shot ,Ciaran

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.