Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate front speaker wires. Can anyone tell me what color the wires are in the wire harness behind the radio? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am trying to locate front speaker wires. Can anyone tell me what color the wires are in the wire harness behind the radio? Thanks
I need to know what color the wires are for the left side speaker on my 1993 1500 Aspencade... Morton

·
Administrator
26,576 Posts
Positive is blue/green, negative is grey/black.

·
Administrator
26,576 Posts
I have two blue wires, none have a green stripe on them.. Just silver dots!!!
Sorry, I can't find any wires of that color in the radio wiring diagram.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The digram I have is from a Clymer manual...I cannot find the BLU/GRN wire for the left front (+) terminal. Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
It will not matter if you hook them up backward, they will be out of phase with each other. That is the left speaker and the right speaker. one will move forward and one will move backward.

Before you put the bike back together test the radio have someone turn it on and you hold your hands on each speaker. If they both move forward they are in phase, if one moves forward and one moves backward they are out of phase and will sound funny.

If one or both don't make sound you have the wrong wires. When testing it is the first hit when you put power from the radio.

If you get them wrong when sitting on the bike in the middle it will sound like there is a hole in the sound.

Someone might have changed the speaker wire some where along the way. Oh one more thing, just put 1 finger lightly on each speaker cone, not hard you want the speaker to move. Good Luck

·
Registered
457 Posts
Morton, one more thing, If one is going the wrong way reverse the wire's on that speaker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My bike did not come with rear speakers. I put two rear speakers and hooker them both to the front right speaker, seem to be working fine..

·
Registered
457 Posts
If the front speaker is 8 ohm's and you add a 8 ohm speaker now the load to the amp is 4 ohms which might be OK but if you add a third speaker it will be 2 ohm load. Most amps in radio's won't run at 2 ohm's without distortions in the sound. If the speakers are 4 ohm speakers the load to the radio will be 1 ohm. And will not work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts