Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 GL 1500 SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Forum,
I am looking for a left-side mirror assembly for my 1994 GL 1500 SE (color: Bermuda green). I have been told I have to buy the entire mirror assembly even though I only need the glass and the bracket that holds the glass and frame in the housing.
Is there any way to remove the glass frame and related parts in the mirror housing without destroying it?

Thank you.
Stuart

·
Registered
94 GL 1500 SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings Forum,
I have a 1994 GL 1500 SE
Trying to find out if the info I received is correct. I have been told I have to buy the entire mirror assembly even though I only need the glass and the bracket that holds the glass and frame in the mirror housing.
Is there any way to remove the glass, frame, and related parts in the mirror housing without destroying it?

Thank you.
Stuart

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

Honda sells as an entire assembly. You may or may not find them new in your color. Used may be the way to go.

You can actually remove the glass. I don't have the link in from of me, but it involves warming the assembly in an oven to loosen the glue holding the glass.

·
Registered
94 GL 1500 SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Andy,
I found the assembly at my local dealer...almost $300.00. it just aggravated me, I only need the glass & a bracket but they make you buy the entire assembly.😂👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts