Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 94 GW has a very strong odor of raw gas while riding , I have tore the plastic off and I see a drip coming from the rear side of the right carburetor any ideas on a quick fix or do I have to tear the carbs off?? Any suggestions would be appreciated the weather has finally cooled off and time to ride.

Picture attached is taken from the right side of the bike and the blue dot is the drip.

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Looks likeyou have a seal gone in a choke enrichment valve carbs off i am afraid but you will only have toloosen the clamps under the carbs and they should pull or lean enough to get it out but there is small stuff attached so be care full you dont drop any thingyou might try first spraying wd40 all around in case the mechanism is sticking

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

I just seen its your first post welcome to the forum ZigZag

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

I just fixed my GL1500 fuel leak it was the carb float bowl gaskets,same strong odor of raw gas that you have.Honda sells a kit with the float bowl gaskets,top air horn[10] gasket and a few o-rings.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Mother Honda no 11 in the pic

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Well I thank you guys for all the tips but I sat down and had a beer and decided to take it to the Honda shop in Harrison Ar.
It appeared to me it was a little more then I wanted to tackle, I work on boats,golf carts, car and truck in my shop but I know when to say "No way "Jos'e"
Thanks again and I have this site in my favs

Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.