Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well here I go with a nice vague question to drive everyone crazy. I keep smelling gasoline when sitting still on the Wing. It's like the smell is just gently wafting around. There's no leak to be found anywhere. The smell is only near the gas cap. But it's strong when the bike is warm. So strong you'd swear there was raw fuel laying around somewhere. Can't smell it at all when moving, naturally. Runs like a clock, no complaints whatsoever. Just the strong gasoline odor. I'm just concerned that if I have raw fuel running down on top of that hot motor I could be the next human torch. Is there a vent or something that might be acting up?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

Probably that large valve assembly in front of the gas cap (sorry I forget what its called) I had one go bad and the fumes gave me headaches until I got it replaced.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

FatBoyBob wrote:
Probably that large valve assembly in front of the gas cap (sorry I forget what its called) I had one go bad and the fumes gave me headaches until I got it replaced.
pet **** the seal has a tendency to perrish and leak just a littlethere is a weephole on the lower part run you finger under it and see if you have gas if so thats your prob

have a look at this post http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/64220.html

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys. Will tear it apart as soon as the weather breaks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

Petcock..I get to rebuild mine this week...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.