Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,I have just bought a 95 1500SE 20th Anniversary model with some damage to the front fairing and lower front side spot lamp panel etc and as this is my first wing I was wondering what other model years could I use for donor parts or will it have to be from a 95 SE.

Thanks
Malcolm

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Other than if you have to replace some of the badging for the 20th anniv edition, most of 88-00 will interchange, but others im sure will chime in here too to help u out.. May want to stay with SE for any electrical that needs replaced though....

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Mark. All the plastic panels are interchangeable, 1988-2000. From 1995 the headlamp and front turn signals are different, but the older ones will still fit once you get hold of the bulb holders with them. Is yours a UK or USA model? If you post a picture it will help.

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

She'll be a head turner when repaired.:thumbsup:

One other thing Malcolm, right side timing belt cover looks like it took the hit also. Verify proper cam timing prior to spinning the engine. Bad things can happen when out of time.:(

JD

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hi JD, yes I will replace the rear timing housing as it looks bent but the bike is running as I drove it onto the trailer but it won't be started again until the mechanical is done and I change the belts just to be sure.

If anyone has any parts that I need please mail me, so far I got the RH lower fairing with cornering lamp and a radiator both coming from the states.

Cheers
Malcolm

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Looking at the way the console is fitting Malcolm, the fairing sub-frame is probably bent. They bend very easily and make it very hard for the new panels to line up properly. No amount of bending a damaged sub-frame will get it right, just buy another one.
You should be able to get all the parts you need on eBay and in the right colour too, as there are plenty of red GL1500's around.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I see my pictures have been removed ?

I presume I have broke forum rules in some way but as i am a new member maybe MR Moderator could explain what was wrong?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.