Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all. I had, for the longest time assumed that I didn't have speakers (as they don't come on the bike stock), but just recently I discovered that there are speakers in the housings. AND that they are plugged in to a connector under the seat. However, I can't seem to locate the required fader . I've checked everywhere I can think of, but no joy. Can anyone shed some light on how/where the fader would connect to the system for me? Armed with that, I might have a better chance at locating the infuriating fader! lol

Thanks to all in advance!!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

The PO may have removed the fader. On the Aspencade it would most likely be an aftermarket fader, a small silver knob fitted wherever the owner found space for it.
Popular mounting locations are the ignition surround, and CB blanking panel if you don't have a CB.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Aspencade 1500s didn't come with a fader. Honda made a nice one that sat in front of the ignition switch. If you have one of those, it's hard to miss. The after market ones all seem to be a small aluminium knob.

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

FWIW, the aftermarket faders where known for failing quite often. It is possible that the PO had installed the kit, it failed and then removed the fader but left the rear speakers in. If you check HERE you can find the installation instructions on the right side for one of the popular kits. All the kits will use a similar setup to connect rear speakers.

One last possibility... I have seen where some Aspencades have been modified and had the SE audio/CB switch installed on the left side of the handlebars. The SE controls have the fader integrated into that control as a knob on the side. You might check there and see if that is a possibility as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.