Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently a clicking noise coming from the motor area. Only hear it after warming up. Was wondering if anyone else has heard similar. !995 goldwing se with 77k.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,593 Posts
I modified the Title of this thread so that it will attract the proper attention.

One word, or just the bike's model number is just about totally useless if you want help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used a stethoscope on the alternator and heard a smooth sound on the front part but heard more noises coming from the back half. Is this something I should be alarmed over? Alternator was replaced with stock one in 1992. Should I replace with comp?

·
Administrator
28,955 Posts
I used a stethoscope on the alternator and heard a smooth sound on the front part but heard more noises coming from the back half. Is this something I should be alarmed over? Alternator was replaced with stock one in 1992. Should I replace with comp?
How was the alternator replaced in 92 on a 95 model? If that's where the noise is coming from then that is likely the problem. I would replace the bearings & brushes if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts