Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay everybody, I'm not getting fuel flow out of the fuel pump. I checked the leads at the fuel pump. No power. I disconnected the positive lead to the pump, jumped to the battery, and voila! Pump runs. I've checked all the fuses, but not sure which relay to check. I'm not sure if the BAS is the culprit, as the bike runs. (I found that the pump wasn't running as a byproduct of taking the carbs off...) I'm leaning towards the ECU, but not sure how to check it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

During my restoration of my 1500, one thing I was advised to do is to clean the ECU connections. I had it apart so I did. Reason being, if I am not mistaken, the ECU is what turns on the pump. I'd give it a shot. Good dose of electrical contact cleaner followed by a little dielectric grease. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

Good advice to check and clean the contacts at the ECU connector. The 12 volts to run the fuel pump comes from there. Take a look at this pdf file. It shows what you should measure on the pins in the connector that you removed from the ECU. If these test ok then your trouble likely is the ECU bad. I am also giving you a link to another thread where this very trouble is discussed and has some good info.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=99843&forum_id=1&jump_to=1120936

Attachments

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the replies folks. I found the problem. Bad information. I mistakingly thought that I should be reading voltage (at least for a brief moment at key movement). That is not how mine is working. When I depress the starter, I read voltage. Bike still running, but I'm still seeing air in my fuel filter though....Should I be concerned?

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

No power to pump relay after a cpl. seconds, unless the ecu sees a crank signal. So, you might be looking at a pump relay problem (early models), or fuse blown. Or, just plain ole dirty connections.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Air is typical at top of filter. Not to worry.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the help everyone. Seems to be working okay. Took her out for a spirited ride, no problems. Let the fun begin!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.