Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi everyone

i am writing from Dubai - but am an Aussie living here.

so i am new to goldwings but been riding for 30 years or so

i bought a 1995 wing and the sound system was - well crap! so i replaced the speakers - well some guy did and he put in a transmitter for an ipod

so was going so so when i picked it up - nto much better actually - so thought about an amplifier - but i didnt

i washed the bike and ever since - it has all gone to custard!

a very very quite noise comes out of the speakers now - like almost nothing

so here are some dumb questions perhaps!

1/. should i have installed waterproof speakers

2/. is the stereo waterproof - i didnt drown it but i hosed the bikedown - i have seen on ebay stereo covers - i would haev thought that they would be sealed waterproof units but hey something wasnt waterproof cos it was fine until i washed it!

Ok so......

i really want to play my ipod so i am thinking of installing an aftermarket stereo with a jack for the 1995 wing

has anyone done this? what did u do with the existing stereo space? where did u put the new stereo?

thanks for any advice

ps i have done a fair bit of searching on this site without much luck

michael

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
imported post

Yes, the speakers should be water proof or marine type. I replaced mine on my 91 SE with polypropylene cones and they have stood up all season and been washed with a hose several times. The radio unit is somewhat water resistant but you should avoid the cassette door as they are not very waterproof.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi michael welcome to the forum speakers have to be waterproof if you hosed them they would only go tomush the stereo is water proof but you cant put a power washer as it can blow water in side ,if you do away with the stereo you will loose the intercom and the cb if installed, you can use a casset adapter for your i pod or an inlinefm transmitter i found the small radio trans gets to much interferance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.