Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

As most of you know my wife and I hit a deer with or 1500 4 weeks ago tomorrow. Well after dealing with the insurance company and looking at options I am now offering the bike for sale. First yes it hit a deer. I rode the bike 200 miles. It rides straight as a string. The damage is mostly to the plastic. The insurance company made a settlement with me, and Iretained a clear title. Title will be signed over to new owner just as it would have been a year ago. This bike was appraised in the nieghborhood of $10,000 replacement before the wreck. So this bike is well above average. Bike has 42,286 miles on it today. I has several pictures I can supply to someone interested. Just pm me with you email address and I will send them. Now as far as price. The bike has been wrecked so price is questionable. But I think everyone here knows you can part out a 1500 and get 3 to 4 thousand out of it in parts. So any offer must be above those figures. This bike is loaded with chrome and is very nice. I am posting one picture of the bike before the wreck. Also the bike as shown has a Saddleman road sofa. The other pictures show a stock seat. I have both will sell with one or negosiate for both. Also I already have most of the plastic bought for the repairs. Not everything but will discuss with a serious buyer,. Will supply my phone number with pictures. This is very troubleing for me to do so please serious people only. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

Is that a deer whistle?

just wonderin'. :D

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Yep Was there from original owner. I guess they quit working.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Have sent out some pictures. This bike is going to be a very easy fix.Like I said in the early post. I already have most of the parts to repair. and they come with the bike. Make me a serious!! offer it may be yours.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

I just finished putting back together a deer hit bike same thing ...looked like and easy fix HA!!! would never do again nor recommend it...... Part it out and save some one else the grief You already got your money . So I don't get it??/

why don't you post an "after" pic??

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

pm sent jerry:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

OK I have a deal going on another bike. Ready to sell this one. I have most of the parts for the repair. Bike is located in central Illinois. This bike can be bought now for $3750. PM me if interested. My pictures of the bike after wreck were taken with a camera and file size is to big. I can email them but can't post them here.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

the deers don't mind the whistle it just makes them look up before they cross the road.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

SORRY BUT THE BIKE IS NO LONGER FOR SALE

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

good for you............if i could have i would've nought it before you had a chance to change your mind.:D

hope you have many enjoyable miles with it

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Decided to part it. Will be a lot of stuff on ebay withiin a week or so.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
imported post

PM sent.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Wow! It sure sounds like it would have made a good winter project for someone. I'm always a dollar short and a day late when it comes to good deals... oh well

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

pm sent again.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Well here is a couple of pictures after a good weekends work. This is what was the bike that I offered for sale a couple of weeks ago. Some even said not to bother it was wrecked. I think you can see it would have been a deal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

another

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Looks great Jerry:clapper:

·
On a Wing & a KLR
287 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:

Would you consider selling parts here before offering them on eBay if you are parting it??

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

cbx4evr wrote:
Ghost Rider 2 wrote:

Would you consider selling parts here before offering them on eBay if you are parting it??
???? Look at picture 2 post above.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.