Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wing shut down the other night after a long slow parade ride. It got hot but not overheated and was running fine when I shut it off. Went for a coffee and tried to start it about half an hour later. Turned the key and nothing,not even lights even though my LED's were working. Tried to boost it with a fully charged battery pack but again nothing. Checked all the fuses, put an ammeter on the new battery. Read 12.7 volts. So far I have taken the ignition switch connector apart and sprayed it with contact cleaner, checked the main fuse including the dog bone. Talked to a few guys but everyone seems to draw a blank. HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Did you check the relays Number 3, 6 and related fuses on the left side and its connectors, probably melted and lost contacts due to overheat during the parade.

·
Registered
599 Posts
That would be a sign that there is a problem. :grin3:

Also, welcome to the forum.
There are lots of people ready, willing and able to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know about the bank angle sensor on a 96 wing? I looked at mine and it does not appear to be mounted to anything.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If I understand your question correctly;

It should be mounted on the frame under the trunk, behind the right saddle bag. Its orientation is important to function properly.

If it is not mounted like that, I would think it was bypassed and does not have any function anymore.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Does anyone know about the bank angle sensor on a 96 wing? I looked at mine and it does not appear to be mounted to anything.
If your bank angle sensor has been bypassed you will probably find the green connector under the seat looking like the one in the attached picture. The picture shows how to bypass the BAS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I just removed the solenoid and had a hard time getting the connector off the top. It looks burnt. See pics. Perhaps this is the problem.
Kenhale,
I have just noticed that the parts seem very clean and new. Have you replaced them and if so were they aftermarket or OEM parts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.