Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 GL1500 Interstate Goldwing - Metalic Pearl Green
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Goldwing is fine when cold but when it warms up, it gets sluggish, erratic idle speeds, blowback in carbs, all when under 3000 RPM. Also backfires when accelerating. Dealer says it is a vacuum leak but they wont work on older GWs. I took covers off on top side but didn't see anything. I love this bike but this is frustrating me. HELP!!!!!

·
Pwhoever
3,280 Posts
One of the biggest culprits is a little rubber tube with a 90⁰ bend in it. It is below the rubber mat below the carbs. I never had to deal with it on my previous 1500 but I seem to remember that the carbs may have to be pulled to get to it.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I sent you an email message.

Reading 101....lol

My Goldwing is fine when cold but when it warms up, it gets sluggish, erratic idle speeds, blowback in carbs, all when under 3000 RPM. Also backfires when accelerating. Dealer says it is a vacuum leak but they wont work on older GWs. I took covers off on top side but didn't see anything. I love this bike but this is frustrating me. HELP!!!!! Since I am unable to be online much, please email me at [email protected] if you have any suggestions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One of the biggest culprits is a little rubber tube with a 90⁰ bend in it. It is below the rubber mat below the carbs. I never had to deal with it on my previous 1500 but I seem to remember that the carbs may have to be pulled to get to it.
This tube can be inspected without taking the carbs off.... IF it is bad.... they will be removed... I HATE vacuum tubes....... Did I say I hated them yet...?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts