Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Last night I lost a reading on my fuel and temp. gauge. Also lost all running lights,reverse,indicator lights for the kickstand and the overdrive light. I checked all fuses and they look good. I think it is a relay switch but I cant get that cover for those out.I am new to this forum and also a new Wing owner.If anyone has an extra owners manual for this bike I would be interested in that too. thank you

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Go to the FAQ and reference section. You can down load the shop manual for your wing there. And by the way
Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi chipmonk there is a 15amp fuse i think its the 4th one up you need to recheck this put the spare in as they can look ok but still be blowen

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Hi chipmunk

check out the relays to the left of the fuse board, think you will find the second one on the top line to be burnt out, it some time blows a fuse as well, you will have to remove the panniers (saddle bags) to gain access.

Nick
Welsh Winger

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Hi chipmunk

You may get away by just removing the 4 bolts inside the saddle bag to move the it out of the way slightly, I have seen this done

To remove it completely.

Remove 4 cross head screws in the plastic cover under the top box, this then pulls off, be careful it is sort of clipped in place and will need to be clipped back. there are lugs on the reflectors/lights on the top box that hold it in place.

Then go to the bottom rear corner of the saddle bag slide or remove the inch long chrome covers, under them are 2 more cross head screws, take them out, that will allow you to unplug any lights in the saddle bags.

with the saddle bag open look at inside at the top, you will see a bar with a cable attached, this is the box opening system, you can disconnect it by taking the plastic clip off the bar that runs between the 2 locks, I take the plastic clip off the cable and put it safe as I have been known to have them go missing in the past.

Then undo the 4 x 8mm head bolt, 2 at the bottom, (one holds the tool box strap) then the other 2 are a couple of inches down from the top on the back of the saddle bag.
then pull the rear out from the bike sightly to release it from the centre section, slide the saddle bag to the back of the bike keeping a firm hold as it will now be free of the bike.

Hope this helps, don't be put off it is easier to do than explain.

Nick
Welsh Winger

·
Pwhoever
3,256 Posts
imported post

If it is a relay, it is usually the #3 relay which is the top right one. A good replacement that can be had for about 5 bucks is the Pilot Relay PL-RY1 which is available at most car parts places like AutoZone or Advance. It will usually be found over by the fog/driving lights section. You will just have to trim off the mounting tab to get the relay cover to close. The OEM relay costs well over $20.00.
You mention the running lights are out. Are you talking about the rear running lights or the front running lights in the lower cowl?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks for the feedback on my problem.I love this website.Everything is back to normal. Still looking for a owners manual for it if anyone has an extra.Thanks again to all who replied.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

You might pick the manual on the web.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.