Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Older bike...older tape...not a good mix.....the tape loaded normally played for a while...THe direction indicator on the dash started flipping back and forth a few times...I pushed the eject ...door opened but tape did not pop out...the player likes the Oakridge boys...will not give the tape back...will not play it either.....am/fm from here on out if I can't get this tape out. How hard is it to removed the player? ....hell I wanted a CD playeranyway...

Looks like it stuck in the middle of travel . door opens and you can see the tape. Its at a slight angle...I did try long nose plyers to help it along....can't really grip it well it seems to wedged in there tight....I am open to any ideas...Guys

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

You will just have to take a deep breath and force the tape out. With luck it might just be the cassette tape is damaged and the player isn't damaged.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Ditto GWNorman , your tape player is probably a mechanical eject type with no eject motor/belt assy.
The deck has possibly eaten the tape , you need to press the eject button , level the tape with an appropriate tool and pull out the tape with another appropriate tool.
If the tape unspools as you remove it , pull out the tape very slowly. It might be neccessary to cut the tape to unravel it out of the deck.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

What they said^^. Been there, done that. Be the mechanism...

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

If you dont get it out, gas up and check with me. If I not having to work, we take the radio apart and get it out. Maybe able to come up with enough stuff to add a AUX to it.

Steve

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Steve...sounds like a plan....I'm not sure how far away you are.....it does not take much of a reason to ride....but it get to know another winger and get the bike fixed ....Sounds great to me. I am planning a run to Texas end of Sept to first week in Oct...would be great if this issue were in the rear view mirror at that time.....I work 2nd shift so morning or weekends ...Sun-Mon work for me....Share your thoughts...ok

Rocky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.