Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone,

Do all the Goldwing GL 1500 SE digital clocks always loose time?
Is there some mod to make it accurate? If the answer is a replacement ....how much is it or does anyone have one or a recommendation on a place in Canada to buy one? The battery has been fully charged at all times so it is not loosing time from a weak or low battery.

Thanks in advance
Greener

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

Some'97 LCD displays had a moisture problemcausing the clock to gain timebut not sure about losing time ,Wing World had an article on this some years ago. Replacing the LCD display is costly ($500.00 if I remember)and even the replacements seemed to gobad after time.

The fix, if I recall correctly, was to remove the LCD display from the dash, seal the case seams with silicone and then re-assemble using dielectric grease on the plug that goes into the LCD unit. This would eliminate the moisture problem.
Getting the LCD out of the dash is prettyeasy ifthe Honda service manualis on hand. Not all that complicated, but a lot of stuff to get off and pretty time consuming. Comes down to a whether you want to take an afternoon, dig in and solve it or whether you can just live with the problem .

A friend of mine had the gaining time issue and bought one of those stick on time/temp things... A cheap but effective fix. Depends on your particular take on it.Good luck with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.