Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

HI EVERYBODY. I GOT A QUESTION ABOUT THE GAS TANK HAVING TO BE REMOVED TO CHECK AIR CLEANER. WHAT WAS HONDA THINKING? I ORDERED ME A NEW AIR FILTER AND STARTED REMOVING MY FUEL TANK. MY QUESTION IS THIS.THE LARGE HOSE THAT GOES TO THE FUEL VALVE IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE FUEL LINE. I SHUT FUEL VALVE OFF AND WHEN I PULLED THE HOSE LOOSE,GAS STARTED FLOWING OUT THIS RUBBER HOSE. I HAD VALVE CLOSED. WHAT HAPPEN. HELP AND THANKS HOGHIDEMAN

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
imported post

hoghideman wrote:
HI EVERYBODY. I GOT A QUESTION ABOUT THE GAS TANK HAVING TO BE REMOVED TO CHECK AIR CLEANER. WHAT WAS HONDA THINKING? I ORDERED ME A NEW AIR FILTER AND STARTED REMOVING MY FUEL TANK. MY QUESTION IS THIS.THE LARGE HOSE THAT GOES TO THE FUEL VALVE IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE FUEL LINE. I SHUT FUEL VALVE OFF AND WHEN I PULLED THE HOSE LOOSE,GAS STARTED FLOWING OUT THIS RUBBER HOSE. I HAD VALVE CLOSED. WHAT HAPPEN. HELP AND THANKS HOGHIDEMAN

I don't know what is going on there if you have the petcock in the off position. I have had mine off many times and not had this issue. Most recently I removed my take because it developed pin hole leaks on the left lower seem.

G

·
imported post

There is probably a rubber gasket in the petcock that is broken letting the gas flow right on through.
This happened to me on my 4 wheeler. Would cut the gas off on the petcock and gas would just flow right on through it.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

what is happing is the valve is cut off. the hose is removed from the valve. the gas is coming from the hose going to the carbs etc.....i quess you might say flow back. if the hose lines hold this much fuel,you better have a funnel and a hose to contain it. it was losing a lot of gas. thanks hoghideman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.