Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Very Nice Bike, in Very Very Good Condition (I don't say Excellent as I equate Excellent with New). Under 15K Miles. Some addtional chrome added, not too much, just enough. I am the second owner, the original owner made some minor exhaust modifications, the piggies were cut off and the rear baffles were drilled thru to give the bike a really nice exhaust sound. I did purchase a new/never installed Honda OEM Exhaust System, my intent was to bring it back to stock, but after riding the bike like it is, I just preferred the sound as is (I got so many compliments on the way it sounds now that I wouldn't think of changing it back). There are no dents anywhere, the bike has never been laid down. I am very reluctant to sell this bike but health reasons are forcing me to give up riding after 40+ plus years. I have owned a number of bikes throughout my life (Harley's included) but this one outshines them all. She runs beautifully and never misses a beat, the trans. shifts without any issues, the tires are good and one other note:, I've ridden several different Valkyries, all were newer, 1998 thru 2003, but my 1997 seems to have more power than the others. Don't know why, but it runs exceptionally strong. I can be reached at 219 689-2982 if there should be any interest. Price: the least I will let her go for is $7500.00 and I believe she's worth every penny. Not sure how to display a pic, but I will attach one to this posting.

Thanks,

Art S.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

Always wanted one. If you were closer, I'd buy it!

·
New Sidecar guy
88 Posts
imported post

Not sure of the truth of it but over the years of following Valks,(Bought my IS new in 99) I have read on many occasions that the '97 had slightly more HP than all other years.

GL with the sale.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Wish this was next spring. That thing would be sitting in my garage! I'd like to say good luck with the sale but I'm kinda hoping you have to hang on to it for the winter. Give me time to sell my Standard.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

I've seen this bike around town. Its beautiful. Arts description of it is accurate.
Mikeyrx

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

This is the only place that I have advertised the bike for sale. I am in no rush to sell it and it will more than likely be available in the spring or summer. I really hope that somehow I can get my health back to normal where I would decide to continue riding and keep her. If nothing changes, I would prefer to have the bike ridden and cared for as it deserves. It would be a shame to just sit in my garage and never be ridden. Let me know how things go with yours and if you should still have an interest and if it should remain for sale, you would be hard pressed to find another like this one.

Art S.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Do you have the windshield that came with the Tourers?

I set that pic as my desktop pic and all I can say is ... WOW, that's a pretty bike.

Trust me. I'll keep your email close and keep an eye out as to whether its sold or not.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Awesome looking Valkyrie. Always did like those bikes. Good luck with the sell. Shouldn't be no problem.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Do you have the windshield that came with the Tourers?

I set that pic as my desktop pic and all I can say is ... WOW, that's a pretty bike.

Trust me. I'll keep your email close and keep an eye out as to whether its sold or not.
That's funny. I set this pic up on my desktop, too. It's beautiful. I'd be proud as hell to own it.....

Bob

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Nice bike, Looks great, but two things are lacking......

I would have to have a wind screen on it, couldn't ride without one......

The other.... About $7500.......

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Nice bike for sure. If it does not have the windshield. Don't plan on finding one. Aftermarket Memphis Shade is avalible. But the factory windshield and hardware are almost impossable to find. I have been looking all year.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

That sure is one nice Valkyrie you have.I had a 1997 Valkyrie Standard (Black),I put a windshiele and Corbin bags on it and rode it for ten years.I wish I had the funds,I'd own another one.Good luck on the sale,Bert.

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

Bump

I wonder if he sold it? One classy looking ride.

JD

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

He did sell it to me! All I can say is that Art is a class act and advertized this bike accurately. I am proud to own this bike! I also want to wish Art the best of health in the following years to come!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.