Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to purchase a new Victory Vision so my like new GL1500 must go. Photos dont show the Utopia backrest I recently installed that matches the seat Two-tone perfectly. The bike has recently installed Bridgestones and all services are current including Engine oil, Brake fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, timing belts(due to age) and carbs cleaned and re-assembled with randakks master kit. Bike runs like new! Everything works!!!

$8499 or best offer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Nice looking bike, wish I had waited before purchasing mine....good luck

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
That is nice, and a square price too ! I'll just have to drool, my wife would make me

sleep with it if I even thought of buying another bike.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Craig, say it ain't so! What a beautiful looking 1500......and Black is not my favorite color either. That is a fair price for what you have, literally a "new" 1500. Mine had 15K when I picked it up last year and was very clean but yours has had all the maintenance done to it and you should get your price.

Why a Victory after owning this fine machine?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Craig, say it ain't so! What a beautiful looking 1500......and Black is not my favorite color either. That is a fair price for what you have, literally a "new" 1500. Mine had 15K when I picked it up last year and was very clean but yours has had all the maintenance done to it and you should get your price.

Why a Victory after owning this fine machine?
There is something about the shape of the Vision that appeals to me. Hourglass shape like a women...Schwing! :)

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Looks is not everything! Have you rode beside one going down the road? They sound like they are going to fall apart any minute. Would't trade my old wing for a new vision.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Papa, leave him alone. Maybe the 1500 is to quiet and he likes the "road noise"! :ROFL::ROFL:

·
2,486 Posts
Gonna be a shocker going from the most storage space in motorcycles to the piddly space on the Vision. You can just about get a helmet in the bags...

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well guys, demo rode the Vision as well as the Cross Country tour today.

Vision: Very comfortable. Great stereo system, Great seat heat and grips heat. Handles surprisingly good with good ground clearance. Mirrors vibrate like a mutha! Stock exhaust doesnt sound appealing to me. Saddle bags are very very small as mentioned and the doors dont have a smooth-open feature. Instead they just bang open! WTF!

Cross Country Tour: For some reason seems peppier and sounded better. Mirrors a little better. MUCH better luggage space. Ergos not as comfortable for me as Vision. Fairing moves with forks unlike Visions fixed fairing.

Definitely wont be buying a Victory in the immediate future. Instead, I stumbled on a great 2006 K1200LT and bought it.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Craig can I ask what you didn't like about the 1500? You had a good looking bike, excellent condition but you obviously didn't care for it for some reason? Too big? Too heavy? Just curious and maybe you don't want to say. Best luck with BMW. I originally looked for one a few years back but I thought the GL was a lot more bang for the buck. Now that I have had Gold Wings I'm in love with them! ;)

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Craig can I ask what you didn't like about the 1500? You had a good looking bike, excellent condition but you obviously didn't care for it for some reason? Too big? Too heavy? Just curious and maybe you don't want to say. Best luck with BMW. I originally looked for one a few years back but I thought the GL was a lot more bang for the buck. Now that I have had Gold Wings I'm in love with them! ;)
Its not that I dont like my Wing. I do! In fact I wish I could have both but wife says one toy at a time.

I'm 45 and came to the wing after 15 years on sportbikes. While the GL1500 is an incredible touring bike and I have yet to scrape any hard parts, I just wanted a touring bike with more "sport" in it. In my opinion the BMWs are the sportbike of tourers.

I thought I would like the Victorys but thats going in the wrong direction for me as I think they are the "Cruiser" of touring bikes if that makes any sense.

So, with the K1200LT I get my sportbike flavor with touring capabilities. They also have every feature known to man and is the first bike I've actually had to read and understand the owners manual(negative?).

There is nothing on the planet like the Honda Flat six. Wouldnt be suprised with another in in my future down the pike.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More photos

Adding new photos from a photo-shoot I took yesterday. Ialso wanted to illustrate all four speakers upgraded to Polk Audio and Utopia backrest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I'm a little surprised this hasn't been snatched up yet ! I'm still drooling, I love clean low mileage bikes.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be honest, after a 200 mile day on the BMW, I'm thinking about keeping the Wing. In many ways its a superior motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
To be honest, after a 200 mile day on the BMW, I'm thinking about keeping the Wing. In many ways its a superior motorcycle.
Buddy has the new BMW K1600GTL. He says that if he wasn't an engineer making good coin he wouldn't be able to afford the stops at the dealer for routine maintenance. And if you think the Wings are complicated don't even start to look at the Beemer. But, having read the manual you already know that.
Curious if you've ridden an 1800 and how that compares in 'sportiness' to the BMW?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Buddy has the new BMW K1600GTL. He says that if he wasn't an engineer making good coin he wouldn't be able to afford the stops at the dealer for routine maintenance. And if you think the Wings are complicated don't even start to look at the Beemer. But, having read the manual you already know that.
Curious if you've ridden an 1800 and how that compares in 'sportiness' to the BMW?
Lawrence, I used to own an airbag/ABS/Navi 2008 so yes I know how it compares. The 1800 engine is awesome. I didnt like the suspension at all. The brakes were better than the 1500 but not as good as the BMW. Handling-wise, the BMW is a MUCH easier bike to ride fast in the twisties. It feels like a sportbike. I used to scrape harp parts on the 1800 and as relatively slow pace. Contrary to what most say, I find my 1500 corners better than my 1800 did. The 1800 Factory navi on my 2008 sucked. The Zumo on the BMW is great.

Would I take a 2012 or newer 1800? Sure but no way am I spending 20k+.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Craig, you probably didn’t expect to get this much push back when you put your bike up for sale did you? I say go for it! Like somebody already said, if we were all alike there would be only one brand/size/color of bike to choose from and that would be it. Better that you get what you want if you can afford it rather than drive something for years wishing this or that. Besides it’s your money and don’t have to please any of us. You could get a shiny new baby blue Vespa and if it makes you happy, I’m happy for you! :cheesygrin:

BTW. If your bike doesn't sell I'll give you $500 the way it sits and won't make you ship it to Maine! :dance:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.