Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Everybody.
I have an issue with my cruise control that wont set.
I know this issue has been covered many times, and with a lot of other posts, which i have most of them read
My bike has only 32000 klm, with stock levers.
I have checked all of the switches , clutch, front brake, rear brake ..
I have had all front panels removed, to check all vacuum pipes , all is good
so when i turn on the key both lights come on for a few seconds,
While driving, the cruise on lights comes on, but the set light doesn't
so, am i right in thinking that, when the key is turned , and both lights , come on for a few seconds does that mean the the cruise control system is working ok, and the only thing stopping the cruise to set, is one of the micro switches is not completing the circuit,??
I had the same problem and found a simple inexpensive fix for my particular issue. First thing to do is while riding, push your clutch lever out with your fingers holding it out while setting the cruise. If cruise comes on then you have the right switch. If not try the brake lever, same way. Once you figure out which lever, stop by the hardware store and buy about 1/2' to 1' piece of surgical hose that will tightly fit over the lever stem that engages the switch. It acts as a Perfect spacer for the lever and will work for a long time to come. They may even give you the hose since it is so small a piece. If not you can expect to spend a dime!!! Worked for me :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem and found a simple inexpensive fix for my particular issue. First thing to do is while riding, push your clutch lever out with your fingers holding it out while setting the cruise. If cruise comes on then you have the right switch. If not try the brake lever, same way. Once you figure out which lever, stop by the hardware store and buy about 1/2' to 1' piece of surgical hose that will tightly fit over the lever stem that engages the switch. It acts as a Perfect spacer for the lever and will work for a long time to come. They may even give you the hose since it is so small a piece. If not you can expect to spend a dime!!! Worked for me :)
Meant 1/2" to 1" piece of hose

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I,me afraid this was the first thing that i checked , , no problem with any of the levers, and all switches checked aswell.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts