Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I am completely used to being ignored, you are certainly not the first, or probably not the last.
Some haven;t been around long enough Dave to understand the value and Vast knowledge you have, along with the willingness that you have to help. They will appreciate it when they need to call you someday and you are spot on with your wealth of knowledge! (Been there, done that)! Not just talking about Whitewinguy (no offense), there has been a bunch that have ignored your advise at first......

But believe me when i say, the great majority know you and your abilities and appreciate it very much, Everyday! your a true asset!!

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
I would never take that switch off my bike. I use it to make the thing backfire when Linda gets too comfortable back there. It's really cool under the viaducts. >:) >:) :ROFL: :ROFL: I think it is necessary for bikes that have no BAS. I remember my old bikes revving like crazy when I tipped over. Came in handy then but not necessary with a Wing. Do all years have a BAS?

·
It aint rocket science
3,809 Posts
Years ago some of the key switches were buried down on the frame and as we are all told in the owners manual keep both hands on the bars hence a kill switch.:wink:

Anything with an electric pump has a BAS I think.

The Valkyrie which is gravity fed fuel from an above engine tank does have a vacuum assisted petcock for those tip over situations.

·
It aint rocket science
3,809 Posts
All due respects to Dave for the details but Gumbyred was the first to mention kill switch and he is a good and knowledgeable man for doing so.

Happens to me every now and then.:ROFL:

My technical sh?? to accurately diagnose a problem does not relate to most who want to know only what part needs to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Steve, this is not aimed at you but is just an observation in general.

Sometimes I wonder if the folks that ask for the help ever read the answers. It seems sometimes that nobody can read what I post, based on the way they keep doing other things instead of what was suggested.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
All due respects to Dave for the details but Gumbyred was the first to mention kill switch and he is a good and knowledgeable man for doing so.
Thank you.

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
Yeah Dave--you quoted MY incorrect info for THAT YEAR of Wing = to illustrate the kill switch operation on different years
but a few others beat you to it as a diagnosis,
based only on how the thread post currently display

Are you/were you married a long time? That can lead to feelings of not being listened to!!!
(maybe its just me experiences that)

They listen, but do not follow the instructions exactly as given, then blame the person who gave the advice
Would have worked, HAD they simply followed the procedure... and not gone with some other online source of bad info!!

After all Dave, What could someone with only 16,000 post!!!! possibly know about the bike~

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
Thank you.
Yep, I got this confused with another similar thread. So it was you who got ignored. :smile2:

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.