Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a headlight burned out in my 98 wing. Is there aftermarket bulbs available and if so what is the part number and the source for it. Also is it wise to change both bulbs while I am in there or isn't it a big deal to change it?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

I believe that any standard h4 automotive bulb would work....not to big of a deal to replace. Remove fairing panel and windshield, remove headlight assembly and replace bulbs..I normallychange out both bulbs as a precaution...

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
imported post

98-2000 you will need a BULB SHIM for the H4 or 9003 because those years have a "special" HONDA bulb and holder and the tabs are different than normal H4. I have seen the shims on E-bay in pairs. I would replace both while you have it apart because the other bulb might not last much longer anyhow.
Lots of choices depending on how much you want to spend. Sylvania Silverstars are bright and 3 different versions of them now and 3 different prices.

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

I have used H-4's without the shims with no issue for the last 6 years, but am considering a set.
The Silverstars are readily available, not too expensive, give great light, and are available everywhere- a consideration for those who tour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.