Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

O.K. here's the deal: I have a 1998 GL1500 SE with some electrical issues, the bike starts and runs decent, but I have no dash lights, fuel gauge, temp. gauge. The reverse light does not light up and sometimes doesn't work at all. I have a manual, test light and multimeter. PLEASE HELP..... Thanks, Lon

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome powersport15 Pull up a chair and join in :waving:

Some real nice folks on here and there knowledge is endless:clapper:

I can't help you but I do know is one of the lads will be along soon
to help you out:waving:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

All fuses are good, although I have no power on Fuse #7, I swapped relay #3 and nothing changed. The bike starts and runs. It does seem to be running hot, the fans are cycling. but the temp gauge is inop. so its hard to tell. Thanks...

·
Administrator
25,595 Posts
imported post

You only have power on fuse #7 when the switch is in the park position, nothing to worry about there. If fuse #8 is good pull #3 relay and check for power to 1 terminal all the time, 2 terminals when the ignition is on. 1 terminal should be grounded and the other goes to the lights and gauges etc, (will also show continuity to ground).

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

Hi dave,

Beat me to the post. I will add, if you have no power in the conditions Dave described, I would pull the fuse/relay box to see the condition of the connections at the back of the box.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I have pulled the relay/fuse box and everything looks fine and no burnt terminals front or back..

·
Administrator
25,595 Posts
imported post

L8ndeb wrote:
Hi dave,

Beat me to the post. I will add, if you have no power in the conditions Dave described, I would pull the fuse/relay box to see the condition of the connections at the back of the box.
Ditto that, I just today worked on Aspectone's bike and that seemed to be the problem with the brake light relay but once I got the fuse box out and the back cover off it started working and could not make it quit.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I would have to say this is a great forum, I wish I would have found it sooner! Thanks alot guys and I'll let you know what I find with the #3 relay..

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

I have a new issue with my '98 Aspencade. Replaced the battery and everything looks until I start the bike. The LCD is dark, radio inop and cruise wont set. If I turn bike off and leave key in ACC position the LCD lights up and the radio works?!?!?!?

:wtf:

Any help will help. Just got this beautiful bike and it has been flawless until this...

Thanks for any help... Mike

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

just thought of something. It seems to me the power to the LCD is cut when starter is engaged. Is there a relay that may be stuck causing thepower to be cut to LCD when bike is running??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.