Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Goldwing riders,

I am parting out the body components of a 1998 Goldwing GL1500 Aspencade and some mechanical components as I have a project of making it a cafe racer and will not need them.

Majority of the body components are there except for the right mirror and right saddle bag door. Attached are some (poorly taken) photos. I would take more but the bike is fairly stripped now.

If there are any components you need to complete your bike, send me a message and I will look to see if they're still on the bike and send photos to show the condition.

Thank you all.

20191125_173156.jpg
20191125_173732.jpg
20191125_173851.jpg

20191125_171839.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
did the door pockets sell?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have a PM (conversation) in about them already- the one I really want is the Passenger left hand door ( left and right are determined by sitting on the seat

·
Administrator
58,465 Posts
How do you determine the left and right side of the bike? I could use one rear cubby and door.
Left/Right is always determined with the rider setting on the seat.

not with you on the ground looking at the front of it.
Just like with a car or truck, do you call the passenger door the "left side" ?? you might if you live in the UK, but here in the USA.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Left or Right side of a car is Also determined by sitting on a seat...

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
If the handle in the above photo is still available, I'd be interested. BTW....I believe the handle, as described by Tinman is the one located under the trunk, and used to open both side compartments as well as the trunk itself. Usually they are black plastic, three total in a cluster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
  1. The handle with the foam center is available. Thank you for the clarification. Attached is photos of the handle top open the trunk and doors.
    20200405_141818.jpg
    20200405_141828.jpg

·
Administrator
25,032 Posts
How do you determine the left and right side of the bike? I could use one rear cubby and door.
The same way you determine your left or right arm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts