Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruise will come on but will not set where do I start looking for the problem. :? A little back ground. I have bought this bike to rescue and put back on the road. Cleaned carbs, fixed back breaks, painted and reinstalled rear trunk, added spoiler, adjusted reverse cables, checked clutch switch and front brake switch. pulled up on rear brake peddle while trying to set cruise. I pushed out on the clutch handle and front brake handles. all at the same time going in fifth gear. Nothing, wont set. What now.

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
Start with the cruise cancel switches located behind the clutch and brake levers. Try pushing the levers froward a little to see if it activates. I believe you must be in 4th gear or higher and going at least 40mph for it to set.

·
Premium Member
68,413 Posts
There's 1 switch that can give you that problem that's often missed.. It's located below the rear brake light switch, way down.. Very hard to see It's just above the exhaust pipe and there's a heat shield in the way.. There are 2 screws on the bottom of the switch.. If they get lose and the switch shifts, you'll not be able to set your CC..

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I found the problem. I had to adjust the switch on the rear brake peddle. I had to take off the right exhaust header and heat shield on the right side to get at the switch adjuster. It is supposed to have continuity when the peddle is up and not have continuity when the peddle is depressed. I found an online manual at pdftown.com for a 1994 Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
68,413 Posts
Thanks for responding with your fix...............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.