Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
63xxx miles. Bought it last year, great riding wing but just not the bike for me. Less than 1k miles ago I did; oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, lower air filter, cruise air filter, plugs, coolant change, bled clutch. She looks and runs good. Has a hitch, factory tool kit, and a nice cover. I had some hesitation in the throttle that went away when I increased the idle speed a tad and ran a bunch of seam foam through. Carbs could still be synced and I bought the adaptors to do it which I will when it gets warmer. But it runs great as it sits, took it out today after sitting all winter, started right up and took a good spin on it in the 30 degree temps. A great deal at $5500. Need someone who will ride it more than me!

·
Registered
131 Posts
How many miles? How are the tires?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I am Berry interested! I might have to make a road trip to Iowa
Pm sent.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Pm sent.

Get the timing right Stu and you can go to Diggers get together. Would be great to meet ya.

Pretty bike and great price. Hope it works out!!:waving:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pm sent.
Stu - even though this is a ways from home, I thought of you looking for a replacement ride.:waving: It looks to be a great bike.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Get the timing right Stu and you can go to Diggers get together. Would be great to meet ya.

Pretty bike and great price. Hope it works out!!:waving:
That is 6/1 & 2? Don't think I can wait that long but might stay at my son's in Hancock WI as my newest grandson is due 4/3 and the others sure would like some time with me there as well as my son and daughter in law. Don't know if I can stay 1 1/2 months, they are in a little house, maybe though, as when I was there 1 1/2 years ago, their pastor wanted me to stick around, even offered a room for me to stay in. Maybe if the weather will warm up a bit in a few weeks I'll fly into Des Moines then ride to my son's with the gerbings on, might have to find some socks though.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Stu - even though this is a ways from home, I thought of you looking for a replacement ride.:waving: It looks to be a great bike.
Thanks Dick :waving:

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
It is the right color for u Stu!!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
What a great deal, Im thinking of selling mine(37K) for the same reasons, and am too embarrassed to post what I was thinking about asking and I havent gone thru it yet...good luck on the sale

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TennX, Id post it up for what you think it is worth. Ive had a bunch of craigslist calls in one day and I have it listed at 6k there. With only 37k miles that bike is still new. Of course so is mine with 63k! :)

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
yeah in all reality, as reliable and as long as these bikes last they should be fetching at least 10 grand. but im glad they sell cheap cause I bought my 99SE for 5,500 two years ago and love it, try buying a Harley ultra for that lol, if u found one u would have to rebuild everything on it lol

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Folks the wing appears to be sold pending funds. If it falls through Ill let everyone know. Thanks. Mark.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Congrats, I may list mine tom. in CL....good luck

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New owner rode it home today. He was awed at all the gadgets compared to his 1100. On to the next adventure!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
What did you end up selling it for? Was it a local sale? I have mine listed as well. Just trying to gauge what the current market is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wish this was available last fall when I bought mine, it is exactly what I was wanting. But I do love my Black beauty!

·
2,486 Posts
What a shame our nation is in the state it is. Your selling price was almost exactly what I was paid by the insurance co. for the 1500 that was knocked out from under me. The 99/2000SE was the bike I wanted, but I sincerely felt there were better places to spend that money.
Heartbreaker.:sadguy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.