Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can't find access to tail light bulbs from inside the trunk. Does the lens pop off? The undercoating prevents me from getting access to them, unless it is covering up a plate that has screws or bolts. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome nosnakeyes[/align]
[align=center]Hopefully someone with a[/align]
[align=center]trike will be along to help soon[/align]

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

noSnakeyes, did you not find the little doors to open to get to the bulbs?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes, I did find doors in the top trunk. I am looking for a way to get to the tail light bulbs that are down lower on the trike part of the bike. Thank you for your response. All help is appreciated.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Looking at pis of the champion trike,
http://kentroad.com/?page_id=311
If there is no access from the lower trunk then there must be the 3 nuts(might be more fore the lower panel below the lights) inside the fender well forward on the lights that you remove the nuts and push out the light to the back catching the light with the opposite hand, unless the panel is velcroed in place, either way the panel has to come off first to get to the bulb sockets below the light.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you so very much. That was the ticket that made it work. The undercoating had the nuts covered and hidden. You have been a tremendous help and I do thank you again.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

Could somebody please explain more on how to get these lense covers off. would like to change to LED'S for brighter and longer life. tore the carpet off the inside walls no nut's , screws, bolts , etc. in there.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Look in the wheel well behind tires. 3 nuts to remove.
Also, Does the panel below the lights remove, on the bikes it does by a screw on each end, covered by a chrome cap same shape of the lower bag trim. These come off first before light unit.
If that doesn't help, post pics of the lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.