Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Saw some discussion on the neutral switch giving some problems that are exactly the same as mine. I would ensure that prior to stopping the engine of selecting the neutral position and I would not have any problems starting. That worked great until I was 50 miles or so from home in the middle of nowhere and it would not start. I was determine not to have to pay for a tow, I jiggled the shifter and got a neutral indication and the bike started no problem. This did happen once before, however, a push start I was able to ride on. Any thing will help. Also, in talking with the local dealers, they of course will not commit to any solution until they have run a complete diagnostic check. I am not opposed to that if it is the only solution.....

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
imported post

Flyingtrout,
I too have the same issue. Mine started a year ago with the neutral light not coming on every now and again. Which really sucks because it only seemed to happen when I had my kids with me(12, 10, and 5 at the time). Needless to say, as soon as we pulled into the driveway, the kids had to tell the Misses right away. OK, so I made them to try and convince her to let me buy the 1800. It didn't work, yet!!!
Now my bike sits because I have this issue and not enough money to get it looked at. Not only that, but the closest place is about 1.5 hours away as well.
One thing I did notice on mine (97 1500SE), is that when I do wiggle the shifter, I can hear something making noise on the left hand side. I have tried the reverse handle massage numerous times to no avail. So good luck in finding a solution.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

Reverse switch sticking or neutral switch gone (maybe)

Check the neutral switch wiring and trace it all the way for probs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.