Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was on a ride the other day and came across a 99 wing with matching trailer. They was red in color. The owner wanted 11k or best offer for it. I thought that might be a bit much until I noticed that it only had 2900 miles on it. It looked brand new to me. Everything was in excellent condition. Just wish I had the money. But I do have a question. How much is it really worth?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

bwssr wrote:
I was on a ride the other day and came across a 99 wing with matching trailer. They was red in color. The owner wanted 11k or best offer for it. I thought that might be a bit much until I noticed that it only had 2900 miles on it. It looked brand new to me. Everything was in excellent condition. Just wish I had the money. But I do have a question. How much is it really worth?
It is worth whatever you want to pay. It sounds like a good buy to me but thats ME!!!!!!!! I spent five grand on a 93 SE with eighty thousand.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

paid $10k for a 2000SE with ~7k miles in 2007... depends on what the trailer is and if you need it.. might be okay price... or a tad high, but not by much.. in another month or two, it would be too much..

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I think I would start off at 9k then haggle with the owner until we reached an agreement.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

bwssr wrote:
I think I would start off at 9k then haggle with the owner until we reached an agreement.
I think that would be a good starting point!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

That age with that low of miles...well, I mean having machinery sit around is NOT always a good thing

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I haven't contacted the owner yet so I won't know until then. I also have to come with the money 1st which will be allot harder to do. So I won't get to exited.

Thanks for the good advice.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
imported post

All of the afore mentioned items will have to be taken care of.

The tires? What is the date code, dry rot starts after 5 years.

Timing belt, personally I would not even mess with it. IMO that is good to go and my 98 is doing just fine with the OEM belt.

What value for the trailer? Only you can put a value on that, but look at average trailer prices on different models.

Me? 8k tops on the bike alone, but today's market is a killer, and that would be closer to 7k in real life.

But, if it is brand new clean..... it would last you through your retirement years.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I got my 04 last year and only paid 12 for it with 16k miles. but that was without a trailer. I would say that it's a little high due to the age combined with the low miles unless the maintenance was kept up with and documented. rubber tends to wear out over time. :) still it would be a good bike for a long time. Make sure that the tires don't have a flat spot in them from sitting too long.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I would buy an 1800 first.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

GWNorman wrote:
Does the price include the trailer? If not, you could get an early 1800 for that money.
But a lot of folks either don't like or want a 1800.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I was one of those until I got my '01. Now I are convinced, converted and a true believer.

Except those ugly headlights...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.