Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Nice to be on the forum. When I removed my alternator in the process of troubleshooting my "no charging" symtoms on my 1999 GL1500SE, the device(photos attached) fell off due to rusted connections. Is this a noise suppressor or what can you tell me? Thanks much! It was mounted between the positive terminal and the frame. I can't confidently read the numbers on it.

Gerry W noisesuppressor2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
348 Posts
It is a noise suppression capacitor for the CB radio.
It is part number 08118-MN500-07.
They are about $5.38 from Partzilla.com.

·
Premium Member
71,276 Posts
Hallo ggwersal

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Pwhoever
3,292 Posts
It is a noise suppression capacitor for the CB radio.
It is part number 08118-MN500-07.
They are about $5.38 from Partzilla.com.

The part number that you give was a part that came in the Hondaline CB Kit for Aspencades which is why the all the major part numbers in the kit begins with 08118.

As far as I was aware, all those parts were only available as a compete kit. The ACG filter part you give only seems to show up at Partzilla and none of the other online parts places. I hate to say it but I would be willing to guess that it's not going to be available to order. The SE models came with a CB as part of the factory options. If you look under the fiche for both Aspencades and SE models, take a look under the sub section for wiring harness. In the picture if you zoom in, you will see part #30 on both. But when you go down and look under wiring harness in the Aspencade section, there is no part #30. It is only found in the SE wiring harness and is the part # I listed above and that seems to come up as available at most of the online part stores.

So if the part number you listed at partzilla is actually in stock, that's the best bet. But I'm going to guess that it is probably no longer available as that part number. I'm actually surprised to see the one I mentioned still showing as available because the fuel pump noise filter seems to be no longer available. And as time goes by the list of unavailable parts is only going to grow larger...

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
The part number that you give was a part that came in the Hondaline CB Kit for Aspencades which is why the all the major part numbers in the kit begins with 08118.
If you click the link I provided, Partzilla.com it says Check Availability. I clicked that link and entered my Zip code. It says Ships is 2 to 3 days. I can't offer any more information than that.

·
Pwhoever
3,292 Posts
If you click the link I provided, Partzilla.com it says Check Availability. I clicked that link and entered my Zip code. It says Ships is 2 to 3 days. I can't offer any more information than that.
I know it says that but I have run into this with partzilla before where they will list parts as available especially older parts that have even been discontinued and you don't find out until after you have placed the order. And sometimes not for quite a while after that. They have a habit of not keeping up with what is truly available. They don't stock the parts they sell. They order from the Honda warehouse and then ship the parts to you. Once someone tries to order a part that is unavailable from the Honda warehouse, it is then that they will finally update their parts list. Like I mentioned, they are the only online part store that even lists that part although I can't say I'm surprised. And it isn't supposed to be available as an individual purchase under that part number for the reason I mentioned. Just like the CB Antenna that comes with the kit has a completely different part number than the Hondaline CB Antenna that is listed in the GL1500 SE parts fiche. It's the exact same antenna, only different part number. And if you try and buy the Antenna listed in the CB Kit 08118- MN550-01, you won't find it at any of the online part places under that number.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I know it says that but I have run into this with partzilla before where they will list parts as available especially older parts that have even been discontinued and you don't find out until after you have placed the order. And sometimes not for quite a while after that. They have a habit of not keeping up with what is truly available. They don't stock the parts they sell. They order from the Honda warehouse and then ship the parts to you. Once someone tries to order a part that is unavailable from the Honda warehouse, it is then that they will finally update their parts list. Like I mentioned, they are the only online part store that even lists that part although I can't say I'm surprised. And it isn't supposed to be available as an individual purchase under that part number for the reason I mentioned. Just like the CB Antenna that comes with the kit has a completely different part number than the Hondaline CB Antenna that is listed in the GL1500 SE parts fiche. It's the exact same antenna, only different part number. And if you try and buy the Antenna listed in the CB Kit 08118- MN550-01, you won't find it at any of the online part places under that number.
You can always call them @ 229-584-0046 if there is a question. I have never had an issue with them.

And, as far as that filter capacitor goes, you can go without it. You will not even notice it missing.

Reactions: Pwhoever
1 - 8 of 8 Posts