Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Attending the 1st Annual West Coast WingNuts Jamboree and Mosquito Roundup?

• Yes-I will need a tent spot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes-I will find my own lodging

• Only if Redwing comes

• No-I cant find my mosquito lariat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

If you are planning on attending, please vote yes! I will try to reserve a proper number of spots.

There are hotels nearby. Marco is rounding up that information, and plans of posting it soon.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
If you are planning on attending, please vote yes! I will try to reserve a proper number of spots.

There are hotels nearby. Marco is rounding up that information, and plans of posting it soon.
I'll have the hotel info up by tomorrow. Many campsites can accomodate more than one tent... ususally two or three tents depending on the size.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Here aresomelinksto Diamond lake accommodations. Diamond lake resort is the only game in town right on the lake (as far as I know). The rest are within easy riding distance. So far the majority of us are camping atDiamond Lake... probably at one of theNational Forest campgrounds.

If you don't want to camp make your reservations early. Labor day weekend starts on Friday, September 2nd and ends Monday, September 5th.

If you're camping here's a link to the reservation site...
http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/or/diam/newindex.html

Really the only game in town for Diamond lake itself. If you want to be right there this is the place to be. http://diamondlake.net/

Aside from hotel or cabin accomodations, Diamond Lake Resort also offers a "Rent-a-Camp" program where they supply all the camping equipment and even set it up for you. Of course you'll have to pay out the nose for this service!

The rest are within riding distance

This one is in Chemult, Oregon, a few tens of miles away. http://www.dawsonhouse.net/

Also in Chemult, there are cabins in an RV park http://www.beavermarshaccomodations.com/

You could also try these places in Chemult

Chemult Motel
Highway 97 S, Chemultv OR 97731, phone: 541-365-2228

Crater Lake Motel & RV Park
Highway 97, Chemult, OR 97731, phone: 541-365-2241

Singing Pines Motel
Highway 97, Chemult, OR 97731, phone: 541-365-9909

Whispering Pines Motel
Hc 30, Box 140, Chemult, OR 97731, phone: 541-365-2259

Crater Lake National Park has a very nice lodge overlooking Crater lake.The only National Park in Oregon. Highly recommended if you have the cash! http://www.craterlakelodges.com/

Union Creek has some accommodations

Union Creek Resort
56484 Hwy 62 -Prospect
Union Creek, Oregon 97536
Phone: 541-560-3565

This one is in Prospect http://www.prospecthotel.com/

Otherwise we'll see youat the campground.:1000liteblue:

Attachments

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I'd put this on the calendar as well as it sounds like a good gig and you will get more exposure on the calendar.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
I'd put this on the calendar as well as it sounds like a good gig and you will get more exposure on the calendar.
Good idea... thank you.

Attachments

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Ok, all... I am going to call on Tuesday the 5th, for reservations. Probably at a forest service campground. I am figgerin telling them space for 10. Hopefully, we will see that many bikes.

I will post up the information on which one the reservations are with...

L8r

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Ok, all... I am going to call on Tuesday the 5th, for reservations. Probably at a forest service campground. I am figgerin telling them space for 10. Hopefully, we will see that many bikes.

I will post up the information on which one the reservations are with...

L8r
Sounds Good D**k... I'm looking forward to it.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hey all... I just got off the phone with the campground. I think it not practical for me to make the reservations. Here's why...

1. They want payment in full at time of reservation.
2. I dont know many are actually coming.
3. I aint Bill Gates. (shocked, huh!?)

Seriously, it would be best for all of you to make your own reservations. As of today, in Area D, 2-6 are open. Can put up to 8 people and two tents on each. That would be enough for 10 tents. But you better hurry though. Its likely to fill up. $12 a nite, with a $9 reservation fee.

Here's a link to the reservation site...
http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/or/diam/newindex.html

Marco, I will reserve for you and your buddy, and for me. We can square up later.

Take care all, and I hope to see you there...

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Sounds like it might be a do-able ride for me. Is anyone coming up from California? I am in the SF Bay Area and would enjoy riding up with someone. Also are there any planned events or is this a casual get together. I would have to stay at the lake or in a hotel. The last tent I slept in was in Viet Nam.

Dennis

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

This is sort of casual. Marco is going to go there and do some scouting for day rides (MY thanks to Marco for making the sacrifice of riding for us;)).

This outing can be what we want it to be, as we are making it up as we go. Any suggestions?

We'd love to see you there. I am going to be in unit d-3 of the campground linked above...

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

The biggest activity will be the great riding. We'll break it up with some short hikes, scenic stops,lunch, and other thingsalong the way so it won't beall nose-to-the-grindstone riding.

We'll probably ride around Crater Lake one day, do an all-day loop through some very scenic backroadson another day, then probably a half-day on Monday with lunch before we go our seperate ways. All subject to the whims of the group.

Other than that it's whatever you want to do. Plenty of time to sit around the campfireto BS and get to know one-another.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Comparing the lousy map at the reservation website, with my gps software, I am not totally sure that this is correct, but I THINK the coordinates for the campground are about... N43.16091 W122.13441

Definite maybe accurate. Sorta. Give or take a county or two. I hope.:rollingeyes:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'm having difficulty making a reservation at Diamond Lake. If I can't get a campsite I guess I'll ride South from Tacoma, WA on Friday thesecond of September to Medford and then to Diamond Lake Saturday. Might take a look at getting a room at Chemult closer to that date. One way or another I'm looking forward to joining the ride in!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I'm having difficulty making a reservation at Diamond Lake. If I can't get a campsite I guess I'll ride South from Tacoma, WA on Friday thesecond of September to Medford and then to Diamond Lake Saturday. Might take a look at getting a room at Chemult closer to that date. One way or another I'm looking forward to joining the ride in!
I'm looking forward to seeing you there. It looks like 3 or 4 of us will be riding from Ashland/Medford Friday afternoon.

As of yesterday (according to their website) there were still several campsites available.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Looks like I finally got D-2. Friday to Mon. I'll leave Fri. Morn, to beat the heat. Hope to see many up there. Anybody that needs a space, I don't see why we couldn't share. Might be an extra cost involved, tho not much. If needed, contact me on PM, or Email. :clapper: :12ltd: BTW, my wife will have her car, later, as she has to work till 5:00pm, so just need a little extra space for her car.:cooler:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

I just made reservations at the Diamond LakeResort for the second and third of September. I will be driving up from the Bay Area on Thursday. I will probably stay overnight in Weed or Yreka. I would like to meet up and ride on to the lake with the others from that area. My trip will be a day short as I will have to depart for home on Sunday. Really looking forward to the ride. Just ordered a new GPS for the trip. Did someone have the grid coordinates for the camp site?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I will look into the gps coordinates tonite, and post them for those interested. oregonwinger commented about sharing... My understanding is that they will allow two tents and up to 8 people per site... Sharing should be good.

I spose if you put three tents up, just put a tarp between two and it looks like just two, huh?!:goofygrin: Thanks for the tip, Marco

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Retro48 wrote:
I just made reservations at the Diamond LakeResort for the second and third of September. I will be driving up from the Bay Area on Thursday. I will probably stay overnight in Weed or Yreka. I would like to meet up and ride on to the lake with the others from that area. My trip will be a day short as I will have to depart for home on Sunday. Really looking forward to the ride. Just ordered a new GPS for the trip. Did someone have the grid coordinates for the camp site?
Sounds good... it's a short ride from Weed or Yreka to Ashland and I'll wait for you here. I think I already PM'd you my phone number.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Looks like I finally got D-2. Friday to Mon. I'll leave Fri. Morn, to beat the heat. Hope to see many up there. Anybody that needs a space, I don't see why we couldn't share. Might be an extra cost involved, tho not much. If needed, contact me on PM, or Email. :clapper: :12ltd: BTW, my wife will have her car, later, as she has to work till 5:00pm, so just need a little extra space for her car.:cooler:
Bob,

Myself and probably Retro48 will be riding up from Ashland on Friday... maybe Friday morning. We could meet on the way through Medford.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I'll pm you, Marco

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.