Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been searching for a hard drive that I can trust to keep my hard drive images on.

Tonight, I found this one at Newegg for $94.99 and free shipping, at least for today.
I see those promos a lot when they want you to buy something "right now".

So, free shipping might last longer than today.

The reviews on this particular model seem to be pretty good after your sort out the fluff from non-techie folks.

Seagate 1TB USB External Drive

This price is $25 lower than most of the stuff I found online tonight, plus it has the free shipping offer.

I found pricing on stuff scattered all the way in between this and about $130, most had a price tag for shipping it to you.

Newegg is still on my favored list for offers like this.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Have you played with Buy.com or surpluscomputers.com? I've bought from them, newegg, tigerdirect, etc. Occasionally these guys can beat newegg on some stuff. That's a good buy on the big boy HD.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes, have bought from both of them.

This particular search was done the way I always do it. List what I want on google and see how many hits come up.

If the cost is within 5 bux and Newegg has it, they get the nod. buy.com and I haven't always been on good terms.

Although I have had a couple of really good buys from them. I just like the way Newegg does business. Like the neat little feature that when they process your credit card, it won't be accepted until it is routed through my bank for my own personal password to approve the purchase. I registered my credit cards for VISA secondary purchase approval. Bit of a nuisance, but it sure does stop folks who copy your CC info down off a piece of carbon paper.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
imported post

I bought a Seagate 1.5 TB external from best Buy for $149. Using it to load movies for the WD TV box. 800 gig's loaded and so far its working fine.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I went looking in the local stores. They all had ads for last weekend at the prices you and I mentioned for the sizes mentioned.

"Sorry, all sold out." :X

Me thinks only one or two were on the shelf.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
I went looking in the local stores. They all had ads for last weekend at the prices you and I mentioned for the sizes mentioned.

"Sorry, all sold out." :X

Me thinks only one or two were on the shelf.
got ya in the store though didn't they :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.