Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

In both cases, I saw it happening WELL in advance...

A county road, one lane each way. First, a car pulls out from a side road in front of me. If they had waited a whopping three seconds, there was a mile of open road behind me.

2 minutes later, same road, a rig coming towards me decides to flip a u turn, not even where there was a side road to pull into. This one I had to jump on the binders and use the shoulder to avoid t-boning them as the did their stupid thing.

In both cases I honked as I rode around and BOTH smiled at me.:X

Ride like you are invisible, cuz you are...

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

And get a headlight modulator and use it to be more visible, and a good loud horn like the Stebel so they can hear you when you honk. :)

Glad you came out of it only mad and not hurt!!

John

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I think RCmatt is right. They are out to get us.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
And get a headlight modulator and use it to be more visible, and a good loud horn like the Stebel so they can hear you when you honk. :)

John
Yep, I getting one for mine as I rebuild it. Dont' think a modulator would have helped for the rear, I had one there.

UbarW, you just keep looking ahead of ya, remember ease into it.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

I just added two horns from a 1500, they are louder than the half pair of 1200's that I had-one wasnt working...

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Where would you mount RPG's on your bike, and would the recoil cause you to lose balance?

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

maplewingnut wrote:
Where would you mount RPG's on your bike, and would the recoil cause you to lose balance?
How about this? :cooldevil:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

By all means get a modulator! I've had one for a couple years now and think they are a great safety improvement. Better than loud pipes, better than running lights, better than high visibility clothing. Air horns are good but a modulator on the headlight should be the first safety improvement done to your bike.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
imported post

I heartily agree: get a modulator. I use mine on country roads all the time, but not in town. And be sure to turn it off when coming up behind someone (cagers just don't understand what they are....I've "pulled over" a half dozen people with mine by mistake). Definitely gets their attention.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Let's add a missle launcher. Think that would get their attention?
LOL
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
Let's add a missle launcher. Think that would get their attention?
LOL
Nightrider1
A stinger out the aft end as well.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:

John
Just hung the Stebel on mine John, I love it!

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
imported post

Yeah man. Just yesterday I was riding about 2 car lengths behind a van. We were going at about 30 crossing an intersection the car that was stopped saw the van looked the other way to see if he was clear and pulled out . Luckily I slowed enough to see him pass me as I yelled Hello . HE jumped and slammed on his brake in the middle of the road while I went around him.

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

FatherWilliam57 wrote:
And be sure to turn it off when coming up behind someone (cagers just don't understand what they are....I've "pulled over" a half dozen people with mine by mistake).
See my comment below

muaymendez1 wrote:
Yeah man. Just yesterday I was riding about 2 car lengths behind a van. We were going at about 30 crossing an intersection the car that was stopped saw the van looked the other way to see if he was clear and pulled out .
This scenario is exactly why I don't turn my modulator off when I come up behind someone as FatherWilliams57 suggests. It is even easier for someone to miss seeing you if you are behind a cage. This can happen at intersections and driveways. Yes, people sometimes pull over when you come up behind them with the modulator going. I can live with that. Better than the scenario above.

MDKramer wrote:
Just hung the Stebel on mine John, I love it!
Yeah, they are definitely attention getters.:) They will shake the teenager off of their cell phone when needed. :cooldevil:

John

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

So, John... Did you put them on the 1200? I am wondering where there is room for something like the nautilus on the 1200?

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
So, John... Did you put them on the 1200? I am wondering where there is room for something like the nautilus on the 1200?
Yes. There is more room in the fairing on the 1200 to fit them than there is on the 1500. I mounted it where the original left horn was. Here's the pix.

John

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

That would leave the right side for a small missile launcher of some sort... LOL

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
That would leave the right side for a small missile launcher of some sort... LOL
:cooldevil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.