·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds pretty good considering it's running on only one side. Any four cylinder 'Wing will knock and rattle plenty when all four cylinders aren't pulling together so that's nothing to worry about until you get her firing on all four and the carbs in sync.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yea, that's what I've tried to tell him. He also doesn't want to spend the funds to buy the good carb rebuild kits, he thinks he can get by with the 50 buck junk kits being sold on ebay. I told him he needs to get in here and research what alls been said about the cheap kits.

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
imported post

I can testify about the cheap ebay kits. Don't waste your money. I tried it and there was hardly anything usable in them. Some of the parts were the wrong ones and some there were not enough of.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Yea, that's what I've tried to tell him. He also doesn't want to spend the funds to buy the good carb rebuild kits, he thinks he can get by with the 50 buck junk kits being sold on ebay. I told him he needs to get in here and research what alls been said about the cheap kits.
Sometimes you must let them stick their finger in the socket to learn.

Sounds like what my recently-acquired GL-1200 sounded like when I got it. A carb sync did an awesome job in "righting" the wrongs.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Baggy, point him at Classic Cycle Parts

The $400 he'll spend to have them done right the first time will FAR outweigh the amount of head banging on the benchtop he'll do trying to get all 4 carbs set properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.