Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So I have a GPS and a radar detector both sending audio to an input line which is connected to the mic at the headset connector block under the left pocket.
Works pretty good, as long as you run only one of the devices at a time.
It seems that the GPS audio signal over powers that of the radar detector when both are running. I can hear the GPS commands, but not the radar alert tones.Running either unit by itself and no problems.

I would like to be able to hear them both.
I have them connected using pigtail to the mic line in.
Do I need to create a second line in to the connector block, and separate the two devices? Or is it just too taxing on the mic/intercom circuit to handle 2 devices at the same time.

???

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I have a male to the connector, mic+ (ground is to frame for cleaner sound) then a pigtail (splitter) to accept both devices. I have a 10k ohm resister soldered inline on that wire. Running either device to outside speakers is useless, as I won't be able to hear them. Especially when the sat radio is on. I want everything in the headset.
So far the sat radio and either ONE of the two other devices is fine, but trying to run both I can only hear the GPS which overpowers the radar detector.

So maybe if I understand Welsh Winger correctly, the problem might be that the 2 devices are sharing the resistor, and I need to separate these devices so that only the stronger one is using the resister and the other one not. Sounds plausible. I'll give it a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.