Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if the 2 rear lowershock bolts were removed and then the bike jacked up. Would the swing arm swing low enough for the axial to be removed without hitting the mufflers?

My GL is a1994 and I worry with loosing the muffler clamp and rotating the mufflers out that some day the muffler neck will snap off fromunseen rust and corrosion and then where will I be?

Second question: Do Dyna beads really work?

Thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello Mike . Dynabeads - I am very happy with the ride using them . At 12k miles the tires run at 41psi still have some cuping .

I dont think you can drop the swingarm far enough for the axle to clear the mufflers .:sadguy: I move them in my 94 . Loosen the clamp and the rear hanger bolt . You might squirt a little PB Blaster in the slip joint, but it should twist with the clamp bolt loosened .

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

#1...yes probably, but just loosening the mufflers and swinging them out should not put that kind of strain on the joints. #2....i've had great results with dynabeads, and intend to keep using them.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

The muffler necks will not snap off... they are very strong.

No, you can't avoid swinging the mufflers out of the way, in order to remove the axle.

After you've re/moved the mufflers once, they are Much easier to re/move in the future... just bite the bullet and do it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Boy you are right about biteing the bullet. I ordered my new tires today along with the Dyna beeds. Am going to clean it up and then tear down so I will be ready when the tires and beeds get here.

Thanks for all the imput!!!!

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.