Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Freaked when I saw the stickers that said 20 lb per- thinking that people who go camping must load more than that on. (BUT my prev bike w/ Vetter luggage broke the brackets off with our rough roads).
So I want to ask just to be sure, what do people get away with?

I've heard "CLUNKY" to describe the shifting, but I've tested easier shifting Wings than mine.
HOPE! That changing out the prev owners Dino oil for Syn will free thing up a LOT.

v)

·
Administrator
26,993 Posts
imported post

Just stuff them full and don't worry about it. 20# is a lot of stuff unless it's precious metals.
What wing are we talking about? You don't show to have one in your profile. Synthetic oil can make a difference, maybe. If it's new and not broken in yet the shifting can be a little stiff. Mine has 36,000 miles and is starting to get better.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Yes, thought about profile thing afterwords

87 Interstate-83K mi.

20lb = 1gal milk and 2 bottles soda-approx

The more I adjust the controls the better it gets, but still have to be deliberate with the 1-2 shift.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

With my 1200, you definitley have to be deliberate with the 1-2 shift or you'll miss. You may find that loading the shifter (raising it up) before you pull in the clutch will help it shift a bit smoother. I found that helped, but then I drained all the gunk out of my clutch cylinder and life was much easier.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Just don't use any oils with "friction modifiers" in them. They are hard on the oil-bath (wet) clutch assembly. Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.