Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 313 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

Cant seem to put more than 1 picture on post still at least its increasing post listed:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

It looks like it's coming along pretty good. Keep us posted on all the updates with your progress.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

Swingarm passenger footboards glued & footboard rubbers weighted for 48hrs to set;)

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
imported post

Showchromes rear spoiler light fitted from big bike partsand showing wiring location
wire clipped to trunk lid,trunk lid cut at hinge to take wire

showing wire between trunk and rear speaker

wire run down rear of speaker with speaker wire to base of trunk ready for joining to rear light loom when trikebuild progresses

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Congrats on your Trike Kit looks great have fun , Im a disabled rider 2 have jut not rdin till i can fab up trike kit for my 94 GL 1500 aspy cant afford to buy kit,Ride free

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
imported post

VW Beetle rear light,formed the metal shroud surround to fit snug to body kit.

Will order rubber seal that fits between light shroud and body & lens cover with reverse .

Metal shroud will be painted candy red same as body when painted

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
imported post

Proggressive 416 air adjustable shocks arrive from One Stop Moto;good delivery arrived in UK in 7 days from dispatch.

Kit comes with adapters & hoses to connect to on boardcompressor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
imported post

VW Beetle rear lights roughly positioned on body

Rear light shrouds will be painted candy red,when bodies sent to paint

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
imported post

Your further ahead than me sprayman,i take it your bodies at paint,hoping to get bike in garage next week then can get it torn down.Found a uk supplier for american racings;ansen sprint wheels to go with the axle.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
imported post

Should have guessed from your name your a paint bodyshop man,shame your other side of the pond you could have painted mine:D

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
imported post

Selling Tri wing Goldwing trike replica 39'ford rear light/indicators on for sale forum if anyones interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

when you ordered your shocks did the air lines comes with the shocks or did you have to order lines seperately i think iwill order from the same place the yoke that comes with the kit i had it bored 3in deep to fit the shaft snoung that way you can bottom it out on the kit yoke and try it to make sure the shaft is the corect lenght and tension on spring then have it welded machine shop did mine $20.did not have to have balanced no vibration or wobble

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
imported post

Found One Stop Moto excellent,had shocks in 7 days from ordering $311 + shipping.The shocks came with adapter kit and air lineto connect both progressive shocks to onboard compressor.Thats good to know about drive shaft,got bike in garage yesterday canstarttearing itdown now.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

Goldwings torn down ready for assembly

Top chassis fitted & swingarm footboards,axle

Wheels are just 2 iborrowdtill American Racing alloys turn up as wont have delivery till feb

Boots roughly positioned

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
imported post

Handbrake arrived today off a MK4 Golf,black leather handle with chrome release button.Adjuster will take 2 cables.

A handbrake is a legal requirement in the UK,Tri Wing fitted cables into hubs with the kit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
imported post

Stainless arrived from steel stockist to make a rear bumper to protect rear from rear ends:shock:

Before polishing

Stainless rubbed down with wet and dry paper then polished

on buffing machine with polishing compound

Stainless will shaped tofit body and fastened later.

21 - 40 of 313 Posts