Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 313 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
imported post

Am envious wish i had the skill and facilities to paint mine.

Got to get a quote for spraying the body ouch!!!

Decided going to have the VW Beetle rear
light shrouds chromed

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
imported post

Merry christmas :santawaving:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

tires and rims came with the kit did not need spacers all iknow is they are 15in i will look tomorrow and let you know what it says on the tire my rims are universal lots of holes just had to find the ones that fit the axle hope you had a merry christmas

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
imported post

:cussing:Conversion come to a complete standstill been hit with foot of snow,cant get to garage and forcast is same for 2 weeks:X:X

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

You will like the Tri Wing kit.

I triked out '99 Yamaha Venture last summer, did it in 4 weeks before we left for vacation to the Smokies and the Dragon, and love the trike. Big word of advice if you did not order the EZ Steer for the front end do it. I did my conversion and thought I could handle the trike. Well I could but fighting the steering all day left me really exhausted when we got home from a ride.

I put the EZ Steer and now I could handle the steering with one hand if I had to.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
imported post

Was wondering how heavy the steering was going to be,not sure which route i'd take wether ezy steer or leading link, will see how i get on when i get it on the road.Weathers gone a bit milder 4 deg:cool:getting a bit done this weekend.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Gentlemen

This reply is going to be for all three of you "Trike Builders" what an awesome job you guys have done (I know you are not quite done). Three distinct different builds. What more can a reader ask for. I took the time this morning to read all posts in all three types of build and again I have to say AWESOME :clapper::clapper::clapper:

You all deserve the grandest hand of applause for work well done. You all about ready to do the final touches and from all of you now, please don't let this end here. After you get out and ride them, please return and give a final analysis of your projects.

Again, to the jobs well done and posted so well - congrats.

From an onlooker and reader:clapper::clapper:

Spider Bob

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

big al59 wrote:
Was wondering how heavy the steering was going to be,not sure which route i'd take wether ezy steer or leading link, will see how i get on when i get it on the road.Weathers gone a bit milder 4 deg:cool:getting a bit done this weekend.
hy i had it out trying the shocks the lower i put them the better it steered will try it for now to see

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
imported post

Hi Sprayman So you lowered your adjustable shock mounts nearer the axle?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Gentlemen

This reply is going to be for all three of you "Trike Builders" what an awesome job you guys have done (I know you are not quite done). Three distinct different builds. What more can a reader ask for. I took the time this morning to read all posts in all three types of build and again I have to say AWESOME :clapper::clapper::clapper:

You all deserve the grandest hand of applause for work well done. You all about ready to do the final touches and from all of you now, please don't let this end here. After you get out and ride them, please return and give a final analysis of your projects.

Again, to the jobs well done and posted so well - congrats.

From an onlooker and reader:clapper::clapper:

Spider Bob
Thanks Bob still got lots to do yet will post pictures as build progresses

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

the lower you get your rear end the better it will steer. i lowered my 1200 homebuild and it steers really easy. it will rake the front some. want need and easy steer on mine.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
imported post

Thanks for that will lower the shock brackets nearer the axle;)

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
imported post

Weathers fineally warmed up a barmy 8deg,trikes finally standing on its own 3 wheels.

Bodies roughly positioned ready for cutting in

cutting body in and positioning handbrake off swingarm arm this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Looking good.
To much of that white stuff up there for me.
Really want to see how you mount the hand brake, good details.
Going to need one for mine.
That's a small garage to be doing that work
Looks like an ice box with all that snow outside.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
imported post

Now the trikes bodies on,the garage seems to have shrunk:D

If its dry:?tomorrow will push it out and do the body outside.

The swingarm/footboards on the trike move with the axle,hoping to mount a plate off the bolts to mount handbrake.A friend was breaking his sabaru impreza that he,d rolled he gave me handbrake & fittings,its small so should fit good.Will take some pictures

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Perhaps this has already been asked (I read all the posts the other day but don't remember if I read this) but why did you stick with drum brakes?

Sure is looking good.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

i'm thinking the kit comes that way.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
imported post

Hi Bob with cost of importing kit,shipping cost etc,its all down to money,i m on a absolute tight budget.Unable to ride as bike,due to illness& had it since last june unused,still got expense of wheels,paint etc.Slowed down and not a heavy braker so will see how we go:cool:

41 - 60 of 313 Posts