Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 100 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Those Vee Dub tail lights look good on there. Since they have the backup sockets in them you might be able to trigger them by running a lead from the reverse circuit to a power relay to power them with when you put it in reverse. Unless of course this is an Interstate model you're working with.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
imported post

Hi Micheal When i went to purchase new lens covers,i wanted amber top/red middle/white bottom,which i was going to use for reverse.

Supplier said cant have just the lens's,got to have the complete light units at £45 each.As i ve had lots of other expense building trike,i bought the red lens covers with the white lens being used with amber bulbs for indicator flashers (uk law).

As the white/yellew wire is under seat for reverse light,i will run wire in loom to lights then could connect at a later date.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
imported post

fitted sleeving onto air lines for proggresive suspension

brackets for rear bumper,still to be painted

Handbrake roughly positioned on bracket,cables will have to be routed to fit handbrake to bracket on rear of axle

Body will be cut to clear handbrake for movement in suspension

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Hey, looks like the cops have you wheel locked up already!
BIG Ticket for not getting it finished sooner!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
imported post

Eck Skip you turn ya head for a second and the wheel clampers jump out from nowhere:D

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
imported post

boot box cut down centre and clamped,.Used tin foil to release fibreglass this is removed with wirebrush when dry.

3 layers of glass fibre is used,the edge that bonds to original box is feathered

Box is enlarged to 30inches,gained a fifth in size

The white stuffs back

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Looking good. Heard about alum foil before but never tried it.
Do the back side also.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

looks good. got some extra room now.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
imported post

Underside of boot is fibreglassed,feathered edge is used to bond to original boot for strength.Will paint underside with 2 layers of underseal.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Your are allowed to work in the Kitchen? :shock:
Not a chance,the boss would,nt allow that,in workshop back of house:dude:

Undersealed outside of extended boot

Refitted seal,cut plywood,will cover with some boot carpet when fitted to chassis

Will try for size tomorrow.

Enlarged boot now takes 3 small helmets now,so is worth the extra work

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
imported post

Its bin 30 years since i last did fibreglass fabrication,putting home built fairings on 2 stroke 250's in the 70's as there were no race reps then.Certainly had the old brain workin overtime this trike project.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

you can form the extension around the swingarm so the swingarm can move up and down in the slot. you don't have to go as far down on the frame side as you do on the wheel side. just make a slot for the swing arm and that will fill the the front fender up as much as you want. make sence?

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Nice job that extra space will come in Handy

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
imported post

skoto1 wrote:
you can form the extension around the swingarm so the swingarm can move up and down in the slot. you don't have to go as far down on the frame side as you do on the wheel side. just make a slot for the swing arm and that will fill the the front fender up as much as you want. make sence?
Thanyou for your advice Skoto & Skip regarding extending front fender.As i ve still got a bit of work still left to finish this trike project,i m thinking will leave front body as it is.When trikes on the road built will go will thicker aluminium fender extensions for rain spray and can polish to a mirror finish.

Extending boot to 30inchs wide as utralised full boot shape on body.

Cut cardboard to shape of rear lower body,so can shape stainless bumper 5ftlong x 3inch widethat i ve polished.

Purchased 2 ford fiesta exhaust boxes & 58mm pipe tube to bolt to manifold,this will be shaped to fit under axle & bolt to exhaust boxes,mounting under boot chassis to exit 2 chrome pipes at rear under bumper.

Also made a start fitting &connecting handbrake off right swingarm,will post pictures as work progresses.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

got to work on it saturday have exhaust fitted and mounted made stainless steel fender extensions buffed and polished will be adding amber lights in extensions a friend said that sometimes at night people think it is a bike and come to close lights should help just wiring and paint left i think there sure are some great trike builders on this site

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
imported post

sprayman wrote:
got to work on it saturday have exhaust fitted and mounted made stainless steel fender extensions buffed and polished will be adding amber lights in extensions a friend said that sometimes at night people think it is a bike and come to close lights should help just wiring and paint left i think there sure are some great trike builders on this site
Hi Sprayman them ally fender extenders are what i will go with when trikes up and running,yours is coming on well now
Here in the uk we have to have front facing white marker lights.I will be fitting mine as close to outside edge as poss

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
imported post

Had driveshaft cut and machined yesterday,tried on today and marked and dropped it off back at engineers they're pinnin -weldin,will collect it tomorrow.

Ford fiesta oval exhaust silencers roughly postioned on chassis under boot body.Will have to be cut -blanked off rewelded,tail pipes will exit under rear body lower spoiler.

Tail pipes will be cut and chromed end pipes fitted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Just remember on using Ford parts, the Fiesta was recalled.....:cheeky1:....

81 - 100 of 313 Posts