Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone used, or has information on a 200/60 tire performance on the Goldwing?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Is 200 even possible to fit in the available space?
Absolutely. It fits in perfectly fine....so does a 140 in the front

·
Administrator
26,988 Posts
imported post

I have a 205 on mine so it will fit but who makss a 200/60 16? I have wondered about a 140 on the front.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

thanks for the thread., I'm wondering what fits on the front of my 1200, my tire size (that was/is) on the front isn't readily available in the tire outlets, etc... I have had (since purchase) a 130-90-16 on the front, and a 150-90-15 on the rear... {currently running ME 880's}....

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I have a 205 on mine so it will fit but who makss a 200/60 16? I have wondered about a 140 on the front.
If you have a 205 rear you must be a darksider...hey, that sound like a red-neck joke format...

Metz, Stone and Avon make 200/60

The only 140front I ever tried was a bias. It made the steering heavier, which is understandable. I took it off shortly thereof because I did not like the entire combo I had: CT rear and bias front (140). But if I would have given this set up a chance...nah!...I did'nt like it.

Lots of darksiders run bias front. However, my impression from their own posts is that the Wingabego chews up those frontal bias like band of carpenter bees on honey foam.

·
Administrator
26,988 Posts
imported post

I have a bias front tire and like it a lot, the first one lasted 50% longer than any of the radials, just put a new one on 2000 moles ago. It does cup and sing but sure does handle and ride good.
Michelin pilot activ 130/70 18 rear.:action:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

:battle: is like pulling teeth around here....

There has got to be someone who has or is using a 200...got to be!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.