Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is for my friend's bike, only works in reverse if you hold the rev. lever all the way back, R light goes out at that point. If you leave it where the light is on it works only for a moment then you have to release the starter button & press again to get the same results. He had it at the local shop twice, they supposedly did all the adjustments on the cables & it still does the same thing. They thought they fixed it until he picked it up & 'they' tried to back it out of their shop. I have it now & am going to see what I might find wrong with it. Is there a detent that the lever should slip into when in position? I haven't looked at the manual yet, thought I'd run this by you all out there in blogsville. Thanks, Stu

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
imported post

I would check the 65-amp fuse under the seat next to the reverse relay. This is the 65-amp speed limiter fuse, it provides a ground for the reverse indicator circuit.

I know of a case where it looked good and continuity checked ok but when power was applied it would not let full voltage through.

In this case, the bike would back up a few inches and stop, if you pushed the reverse lever down and pulled it back up, it would back up a few inches again and stop.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ok, So how do I test it other than ohm meter, i.e. to load it up? Thanks.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The starter/reverse switch on the handlebar might be faulty, that gives identical symptoms. Read the article in the Bikers Workshop part of the site, the one showing how to strip and repair the switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.